Just what I need - another addiction to protein!

acbbrown
on 1/11/13 5:36 am - Granada Hills, CA

I have a "thing" for Chike protein iced coffee shakes - and by thing, I mean, when I have packets of it sitting around, I will 100% of the time choose that over a meal. And then I usually have it for snack too. I just love it....too much. 

But the other day, I was playing around in the kitchen with some "protein pancake" recipes and happened to create something else I can't get enough of.   I use egg whites, and mix in some kind of protein powder and flavor - either ground cinnamon, or a SF Torani syrup, or PB2 and add a little bit of oatmeal to it, and cook it like a pancake. It was a little weird at first but they are soooo good. And lots of protein between the protein powder and the egg whites. The carbs from the oatmeal are relatively minimal (at least for me anyways). The whole batch of pancakes (makes maybe 8 medium size "pancakes") ranges from 180 -230 cal depending on what I add to it and I can usually only eat about 1/2 of them. The problem is now - of course - I just want to live off of Chike and pancakes....B, L, and D and snacks too (I dont of course, but I would if I could!)

I thought I was weird until I found a normal person who has never been on a diet a day in his life who loves them just as much as me. 

I think I've unleashed some kind of cooking beast in me - i have ALWAYS hated the kitchen, and cooking but Ive recently discovered I actually quite like it and Ive been cooking like crazy and making all sorts of good low calorie, low carb food. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

(deactivated member)
on 1/11/13 5:39 am

Woman you know you have to give us a recipe. 

I burned out on cold coffee protein drink and I really need a new protein go to.

acbbrown
on 1/11/13 5:54 am, edited 1/11/13 5:54 am - Granada Hills, CA

Here's the recipe I started with - just a note that I dont use an egg, i just add another 3tbsp of egg whites, and add other random things to the mix :)

http://fitchickcafe.com/plain-protein-pancake-recipe/

I am going to try these "buff dude" pancakes tonight too - it eliminates the oatmeal so basically its all protein. Not sure how it cooks up though

http://www.buff-dudes.com/best-protein-pancake-recipe/

~~~~Alison~~~~~

(deactivated member)
on 1/11/13 6:09 am

Thanks!  Must try...wonder if I could get my daughter to eat them too.  

Shagdoll
on 1/11/13 6:06 am

A coffee/pancake concoction sounds pretty good to me.  I have been dreaming of Chike lately... that is f***ing crazy!!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

(deactivated member)
on 1/11/13 6:12 am

Hmmm...now I'm thinking I have to try this too.  My recipe was to use the Starbucks instant espresso w/ho****er, let that cool and then mix in protein powder, almond milk, and ice.  An all in one might actually be less expensive.

christinahelena
on 1/11/13 6:38 am - CA

I tried it again, and I still find the Chike to have a weird, bitter taste to my buds... but I have not diluted it to the 16 oz of almond milk Alisons said she used.. will have to try half a pack to 8 oz and see....

so far I am better with coffee... and i mix a coffee into my mint protein coca and instant peppermint protein mocha!

I am ordering Big Train low carb coffee mocha mix, and will try their coffee protein drink... but the carbs are a bit high.

Christina

happiegirl
on 1/11/13 6:24 am - Albuquerque, NM
VSG on 04/24/12

I've heard enough I'm buying some! Thanks :)

HW: 351 Pre-op: 272  Current: 140.7 Goal:160      M1:14 M2:14  M3:11  M4:10 M5:10  M6:12  M7:8  M8:6 M9: 6 M10:7 M11: 6 M12: 4 M13: 5 M14:7 M15: 4 M16: 3 M17: 1   M18: 4

"Glory lies in the attempt to reach one's goal and not in reaching it." - Gandhi

hwag5149
on 1/11/13 6:30 am

What is this Chike??? Second time I've seen it here. I thought the first person just misspelled "chicken"!

HW 380.8+  SW- 371.4  CW- 234.4  GW- 200 

acbbrown
on 1/11/13 6:36 am - Granada Hills, CA

Its my ******g crack man...i dont wanna share - they tend to run out sometimes. I dont need a bunch of people ordering it!!

It's chike protein iced coffee - its very very good - I mix it with 16 oz of unsweetend almond milk (30 cal/cup) and two packs of sweetner, and blend with 10 ice cubes (yes...i count my ice cubes because im ******g crazy like that). To me, it's better than a starbucks frappacino. 

~~~~Alison~~~~~