Liquid protein ideas for one with dairy allergy

Carol63
on 1/8/13 10:54 am
VSG on 01/30/13

Hello everyone,

I am having a VSG on 1/29. I am allergic to dairy protein (not lactose intolerant). So, unfortunately, I can't use a lot of the high protein shakes on the market (since they contain mostly whey protein). Does anyone have a recommendation for dairy free protein drinks? I plan to ask at my pre-surgery appointment next week but I suspect  the clinic I'm going to will suggest their own products that they sell. While I may be interested in their products, I'd like to hear other suggestions as well. 

Thanks,

Carol

hollykim
on 1/8/13 12:29 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

Jay Robb has an egg protein powder that I use that is not bad. GL

Angie503
on 1/8/13 1:35 pm
VSG on 11/26/12

I was looking for similar and found the following:

GNC has 1, I think it's a rice.  I ended up liking their Super Expensive Whey Isolate protein shakes the best (around $36 per bag--gives me 21 shakes).  It doesn't have the lactose in it that I was trying to avoid.  Plus, with GNC, as long as you keep your receipt, you can return items that are opened for flavor issues within 30 days!

Whole Foods has Rice, Soy and Hemp Protein Powders.  They have sample packet sizes available that were nice for trying.

My grocery store, Fred Meyer (Part of the Kroger Family), had a Chocolate Soy powder that is great.  Some store brand, in their organic section.

I use Costco's Kirkland brand Soy milk almost exclusively to make all my shakes with, for an extra 8 grams of protein!

I usually got lucky and found someone who knew what they were talking about.  Good Luck!

Carol63
on 1/9/13 10:14 am
VSG on 01/30/13

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll check them out. 

Most Active
Recent Topics