A re-post of my rules for maintenance for the new year.

PrettyEyes_41
on 1/7/13 5:54 am - MS
VSG on 06/12/12

Thanks for the great information! I am almost 7 months out and 8 lbs away from my Dr.'s goal of 150. That puts me in the 'normal' weight range (if there really is such a thing). I would like to drop another 10 after that but I'll see what happens. I don't plan on changing my eating habits and if my body still wants to lose some more then that's fine with me. He does want me to up my calories from 800 to 1200 and that totally scares me! I'm not sure I can follow doctors orders at that point. I'll have to make the best decision for me when that time comes. But at least I know I'm eating right and having posts like this one from vets like you sure helps!

Gale     Age: 55, Height: 5' 5.5", HW: 236, SW: 210, 1st GW: 150.  Surgery BMI: 39.3  Extremely HBP, High Cholesterol & borderline diabetic.      

Auveca
on 1/7/13 6:33 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 11/27/12
You mean I can't eat with reckless abandon???? But why???? Kidding! No where near maintenance but love the advice! What about volume? And head hunger coping? Thanks for being an angel!

(deactivated member)
on 1/7/13 7:38 am

Volume has a tendency to take care of itself for me as long as I am eating protein first.  I find that I really don't need to track at this point as long as I am not eating carbs.  I can still get to the almost full feeling that signals that I am done eating at about 3-4 ounces of dense protein.  That is what I do now.  The head hunger is a whole other post, and I can repost that sometime as well.

Auveca
on 1/7/13 8:47 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 11/27/12
Yes, please!!

bigred_z
on 1/7/13 12:21 pm, edited 1/7/13 12:23 pm - Independence, KY
VSG on 11/16/12
On January 7, 2013 at 2:33 PM Pacific Time, Auveca wrote: You mean I can't eat with reckless abandon???? But why???? Kidding! No where near maintenance but love the advice! What about volume? And head hunger coping? Thanks for being an angel!

Reckless abandon!!  Love it! 

Elina, I am sure you've mentioned it in a post or two, but I can't recall seeing it.  What's your exercise routine? Also, I'd love to see that head hunger post as this is a definite issue for me.  I am looking for a counselor at the present time.

Lori RN, MS     Band 2/9/07 265lbs    Removed 4/13/12@ 185lbs (slip&erosion) Sleeve 11/16/12@ 225lbs  If I could get as excited about exercise as I am about a Big Mac...Now in ONEderland!!  197.4

(deactivated member)
on 1/8/13 12:46 am

I didn't work out at all during the losing phase, this is not because it was the right thing to do, it was because I was scared of and hated exercise.  Exercise is not nearly as important for weight loss (should still be done, this is not an excuse not to do it) as it is in maintenance.  Now, I do work out with a trainer, two times a week and do another 30 min. or so of cardio, two times a week on my own. 

I will find and repost the head hunger post today.  Really, it could be a book. :)

rrvelton
on 1/7/13 7:58 am - Los Gatos, CA
VSG on 10/23/12
Elina, thank you so much for always posting valuable and insightful information! You are helping so many of us to stay on plan, and to look forward to maintenance!
TNERNURSE
on 1/7/13 8:03 am

Thanks for the post- good things to remember. It always comes back to the basics. I have always done good at not drinking my calories but I could do better on the grazing. Some days I could care less if I eat and other days I fight "head hunger." My resolution is to stop eating after 7-7:30 at night. I do eat mostly lean meats , a serving of fruit and a veggie serving each day . My downfall is something crunchy- going to need to get some more celery & raw carrots.

2BoyzNMama
on 1/7/13 8:24 am - CO
VSG on 11/01/12
Thanks Elina! I'm feeling much less freaked out I can do it!

~Nickie 

HW: 292 SW: 289.2 CW: 248 M1: -27.6 M2: -16.2 M3: -12.2 M4: -13.2 M5: -15.8 M6:-9.2

loulou
on 1/7/13 1:04 pm - Demossville, KY

Hi  I am on day 1 of my pre op diet.  Find your post helpful.  a bit scared of what  to come but feel i can do it.  today was a tough first day.  cheated already.  oh well tomorrow is a new day. 

Loulou