Postponed...again!

luvbskts
on 12/20/12 2:15 am

Today was my pre-op, surgery scheduled to the 26th.  Well, it got postponed again.  My 3 doctors can not agree on the best way to do my surgery.  One dr. says no to the plavix and aspirin I am on.  The other one says no to taking me off of it.  The third one says to keep me on the aspirin but go off of the plavix.  This is now the 2nd time I've been postponed.  Sad part is, I met my stop loss and me insurance company was paying 100%.  Now I'm going to have to meet my deductible and pay up to my stop loss.  UGH...another $3000 out of pocket!

Thanks for letting me vent. 

bill B.
on 12/20/12 3:28 am - NC
VSG on 12/13/12
That Sucks!!!!! Just because your doctors can't agree. Tell them you need 1 grand per person since their causing you to put that out.

suzie2241
on 12/20/12 4:17 am
VSG on 11/02/12

That's terrible! I agree, have them each give you $1,000 to cover the funds you know will have to lay out because they can't agree.

Good luck!

happiegirl
on 12/20/12 5:17 am - Albuquerque, NM
VSG on 04/24/12

I know this is a really big disappointment.  I'm so sorry your going through this.  Let me just say I had some of these when trying to get my sleeve.  It gave me time to make changes and I am grateful for that time.  I know it's hard but use this time to make the changes now.  You'll be glad you did.

HW: 351 Pre-op: 272  Current: 140.7 Goal:160      M1:14 M2:14  M3:11  M4:10 M5:10  M6:12  M7:8  M8:6 M9: 6 M10:7 M11: 6 M12: 4 M13: 5 M14:7 M15: 4 M16: 3 M17: 1   M18: 4

"Glory lies in the attempt to reach one's goal and not in reaching it." - Gandhi

Hislady
on 12/20/12 5:20 am - Vancouver, WA

You should ask why they don' use lovonox for you. It is a blood thinner and is only good for 12 hrs so if you take a last dose the night before then you are ready for surgery the next day and then they can restart it the next day to decrease the chance of clotting. I have to do this before and after every surgery because of a clotting disorder. I'm surprised they can't agree on this. I would think the surgeon would have the last say on this issue. Good luck hope they can agree on something soon!

Ann M.
on 12/20/12 10:21 am - Salisbury, NC
VSG on 11/21/12

I was going to say the same about Lovonox shots = I'm on Coumidin and have to take these shots 7 days prior to any surgery then start back on my meds the night of surgery. Plavix is not the same because you don't have to check your blood once a week (or more) at home with the little machine like I do, but still it's a blood thinner and an asprin does the same. I cannot take any thing with asprin in it, but my parents had to take them every day cause I kept them supplied! They just stopped them before surgery then started them back afterwards.

Do you have a clot? Have you had a heart attach? Just curious if there is an underlying reason.

Call and explain the situation about insurance. Ask if it can be rescheduled!!! Keep after them. Tell them what's on your mind!! I would, and HAVE! Sometimes it pays off!!!

Merry Christmas!! Ann

Most Active
Recent Topics