Wheel has been set in motion - looking for some buddies

Willowbeez
on 12/3/12 5:39 am - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 05/14/13

My initial consult has been set for January 21, 2013 with surgery to follow shortly after.  Am excited but hope I don't freak myself out waiting.  I'm a newbie to the site so for any other newbie or old timer looking for a buddy  for support, p,ease add me as a friend.  I look forward to reading about everyone's journey.

KittyKarin
on 12/3/12 6:29 am - FL
VSG on 01/09/13

Hi Willow! I'm Karin and I am a pre-op also.  I have been considering the surgery on and off for a year and a half now and finally have finished all my testing and got insurance approval.  I plan on having surgery in January once my surgeon's office calls me back to set a date in stone. I have been on this site for a few months now and it's a great help even though at times I get discouraged because the process to the surgery is long and has had many bumps for me.  But this is a great place for me to come back and regroup.  I can't wait until my surgery is finally here and I can start this journey.  I kinda feel like I am posed at the starting line and that friggin starting gun won't go off already!  I know this next month will probably fly by but it's hard waiting.

Good luck on your process and let me know when your surgery date is! I have learned so much from reading all the articles, blogs and posts on here.  Good luck and have a great night!

KittyKarin :-) Starting weight: 362 / Surgery weight: 353 / Current weight: 190 (03/27/2017)

nmcmanus66
on 12/3/12 7:05 am - CA

Hi, I'm waiting too. Finishing up last test this week and then onto getting my surgery date. I have been on this journey of obesity for 20+ years and finally made the decision to get the help I needed. I did hypno-therapy, every diet there is....nothing has worked for me. I have a love/hate relationship with foot that I know this surgery will "help" me conquer. But I will have my work cut out for me as well. As I read through success stories I see how quickly so many people have lost their weight and I was so focused on that and what time next year will I book my Cabo vacation but I haven't until recently given thought to life after that and how it ALL will change. I do not go into this process lightly, it took me a long time, a lot of research and hours of discussion with my family about it. Good Luck in your journey - this site will be of so much value to you as you go down this road. xoxo

Willowbeez
on 12/3/12 11:11 am - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 05/14/13

Thanks Kittykaren and nmcmanus.  Good luck on both of your own journey as well.  I'll be sure to follow up with you.

Tia T.
on 12/3/12 3:49 pm
Hey Willow, I have been in a 6 month supervised period and am just about ready for submission to insurance. I had hoped for a surgery date the second week of January but realize now that is not a reasonable time line. I will most likely wait until Spring Break which is the last week of March, so I will be a little behind you. I look forward to our journey, along with the other pre-oper's! Just think: we will be posting our before/afters next year!
                                Looking for my inner peace

(deactivated member)
on 12/6/12 6:11 am

Hello all, I went for my initial consultation Nov 1st and after jumping  through hoops to get all my clearances (abnormal ekg led to abnormal stress lead to heart cath this past monday which ruled the stress test to be a false positive) I spoke with the insurance coordinator and she received my approval from my insurance company today, now I just have to wait to speak with the scheduler and she said that would probably be sometime next week with a surgery date in January. I want this surgery more than anything so I was definetly determined to get any and everything I needed to done. I wish you all the best!

Willowbeez
on 12/7/12 3:57 am - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 05/14/13

Hey Stormynight and Big_T_nomore glad to hear from you.  Thanks for replying.  We will definitely do before and after picks.  Lets keep in touch and let me know when your surgery gets scheduled!