Lost part of my fat suit and am freezing!

Kelly-AnneH
on 11/21/12 2:33 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
I'm now known as Mrs Alwayscold and I don't like it one bit! I was out yesterday wearing an undershirt, long sleeved sweater, quilted vest, pant liners, pants, wool socks, small wool shawl, wool knee length coat, hat, mittens and -35 snow boots and I was still cold! (It's about -13c here - pretty normal for the time of year)

I'm even cold when inside (we keep the thermostat at 23c) and am always grabbing a blanket or jacket or hot drink. I wear hand knitted wool socks to bed and have thought about adding a toque...

Does it get better?

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

Shagdoll
on 11/21/12 2:45 am

I don't know if it gets better.  I am 15 months out & loved summer for the 1st time in years!!!  I usually dread it to the max.  I walked to Starbucks this morning in a sweater with 62 degree weather & I wanted to lose my mind; I was freezing!!!  I know people who are 3 years out & still cold all the time.  I do wonder if it gets better but I do like my summers now!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Kelly-AnneH
on 11/21/12 8:23 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
I don't normally like hot weather at all. In fact, we got central air when we put in our high efficiency furnace a few years ago because I'm so miserable during our few weeks of hot weather each summer. I think next summer will be a little different.

PS. Just got my double stuffed cookie Syntrax today. Liquid Oreos? Yum!

califsleevin
on 11/21/12 2:48 am - CA

It does indeed get better. Part of it, of course, is the missing layers of insulation, but part of it is also your changing circulatory system. Your blood pressure and heartrate are both declining with less fat to feed. Most of your temperature regulation is in your deep insides and that part of you is still nice and toasty with the lower bloodflow, but your extremities are getting the short end of things. That does adjust over time as everything else in your body adjusts to the changes. I am not as cold as I was last year (been weight stable since January); my wife, who had WLS 7-8 years ago is still somewhat cold, but she always has been even when 200 lb heavier, but she went through a period where is was worse, so it seems to adjust back to roughly where you were before.

1st support group/seminar - 8/03 (has it been that long?)  

Wife's DS - 5/05 w Dr. Robert Rabkin   VSG on 5/9/11 by Dr. John Rabkin

Kelly-AnneH
on 11/21/12 8:19 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
That's good to know, thanks! I'm normally chilly for a week or two in the fall, then I'm fine. This year I'm not so fine and we haven't had any really cold weather yet. I think I'll be staying in more than usual this year. (I'm an Alberton. It isn't really cold until your nose hairs freeze...)

jenngirl
on 11/21/12 4:43 am
VSG on 06/25/12

Join the club. I work across the hall from someone who is hot flashing. Needless to say, I DO NOT touch the thermostat, for fear of losing a phalange, or a whole limb. I just sit at my desk dressed to the hilt like an Eskimo, teeth chattering, knees knocking.I am getting a personal space heater for my office very soon!

indecision

Kelly-AnneH
on 11/21/12 8:14 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
My husband says I need electric long underwear. I've actually been looking for wool or silk long underwear online - when I find some I'm buying myself an early Christmas prezzie. Hope you get your heater soon!

I made a big batch of turkey meatballs for the freezer today and loved being in the kitchen with the oven on. First time I've been warm since we got back from Hawaii! We have some speckled bananas - maybe some muffins? That way I get warm and my hubbie gets treats. Sounds like a win to me.

Michael L.
on 11/21/12 12:24 pm - Fall River, MA
On November 21, 2012 at 4:14 PM Pacific Time, Kelly-AnneH wrote:
My husband says I need electric long underwear. I've actually been looking for wool or silk long underwear online - when I find some I'm buying myself an early Christmas prezzie. Hope you get your heater soon!

I made a big batch of turkey meatballs for the freezer today and loved being in the kitchen with the oven on. First time I've been warm since we got back from Hawaii! We have some speckled bananas - maybe some muffins? That way I get warm and my hubbie gets treats. Sounds like a win to me.
I want long electric underwear! Freezing my butt off! .and my hands are like ice cubes!

hw 500  sw 462  cw 383     

Spencerella
on 11/22/12 1:06 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

I've always tended to be on the cold side too, and in previous rounds of extended weight loss I've darn near frozen to death!  It has t always proven practical or appropriate to wear all my clothes at once (although I would love too at those times) so I have flu d that focusing on keeping my feet really warm seems to help the rest of my body.  If my feet get cold, there doesn't seem to be any way to get warm again!

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

Most Active