Yummmmyyy -hot chocolate review

Sarah W.
on 11/19/12 9:23 pm - Overland Park, KS
VSG on 09/27/12
I tried the golden pancake mix. Wasn't thrilled. Any tips on making them taste good?

Cuz mini chocolate chips is where my mind wants to go.

Sarah 5'3" VSG 9/27/12 KC Bariatric Center. Find me on MFP! Sarah829522.  

SleevedLife
on 11/19/12 10:09 pm

Is the hot chocolate bariwise brand?  Because that is my protein addiction - 80 calories, 15 grams of protein, and super dooper tasty.

My favorite flavor, by a landslide, is cinnamon. 

I do have sympathy for people that have trouble getting in their protein. I have no issues because I can afford all this crazy expensive bariatric stuff... but not everyone can fork over $8 for a box of 5 or 6 packets of hot chocolate.  They are stuck with whatever cheaper protein shakes you can get by the tub- and many of those aren't so good.   But, yeah, if you can afford to shop at bariatric specialty stores, you really have no excuse but to hit your protein goals in a most delicious way.

I also like the bariatric oatmeal... and when I "really need" something crunchy and salty, I get these awesome ranch protein chips.  I swear I'd be happy to just lick the salt. 

Nutshell:

Lost 140 lbs with VSG. (Hooray!!)

got pregnant  (yeaaaa!)  

got cancer (boooo!)

regained 40 lbs.   (grrrr!)

In summary: Alive & Grateful.   

Shagdoll
on 11/20/12 12:35 am

I just tried the maple brown sugar protein oatmeal this morning w/1 splenda (it was just as good as regular instant oatmeal) and I will admit, it was a nice change of pace from what I am used to.  I do have a pack of the Hot Chocolate that I plan to try for my snack.  Now I am looking forward to it!!!  :)

I also have a pack of the chocolate chip pancake mix at home that maybe I can try sometime during my 4 day weekend coming up!!!

BTW, have I told you lately that I love you?

Jenn  

WWBD?