Dr. ALVAREZ in MEXICO!

3cboys
on 11/18/12 8:32 am - Purcellville, VA

Just a little background info: I am 5,11", 42 yrs old and am very actice. I had diabetes, PCOS, high cholesterol, sleep apnea....and then I was diagnosed with lymphoma. I was already scheduled to go to Mexico for my surgery with my aunt...we were going to be sleeve sisters... and then I had to cancel. I was so disappointed and upset. I had saved all my money and I was mentally already there. But first, I had to beat cancer. After 6 months of chemo (where I gained 30 lbs from massive amounts of prednisone) I was in remission with 2 years of maintenance treatments every 6 months. Then I had to convince my oncologist to approve my surgery....I was so nervous to talk to her about it ....it was a breeze. She knew about the surgery, thought it was a great idea as obesity can contribute to cancer and then she asked who my doctor was. I held my breath and told her I was going to Mexico....she immediately gave me her blessing and asked me how much money I would be saving. By the way,,,I saved over $15,000....I live just outside of D.C. and things are just ridiculously expensive here.

I scheduled my surgery for October 19th and my aunt came with me....SHe had her sleeve last year and is so happy and looks fantastic! My experience could NOT have been better. I would highly recommend going to Dr. Alvarez to anyone. He is THE man! He does 2 the 3 surgeries a day (many more then the doc in the USA) and has a stellar success rate. I got MUCH BETTER care then I would have in the states. Everything is taken care of for you...it is all arranged. Not speaking spanish was not an issue at all.  Someone from his staff is available 24/7.  Dr. Alvarez and Dr. Gabe both came to check on me several times a day. 

I just want to shout it from the rooftops!!!  THIS WAS THE BEST MEDICAL EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD!! and I have had alot!  I could not recommend a doctor or an experience more!  If you have any questions or concerns...please message me. 

lolabigcups
on 11/18/12 10:46 am - Napoleon, OH
VSG on 10/05/12 with

I had my surgery with Dr.Alvarez Oct.5th of this year.I am down 32 pounds.He was and is a wonderful physician.I had a great experience with him.I was a little nervous going to another country but after i got to Texas it was all a piece of cake.I have no complications.The only issues I have had is the head games and head hunger.That is the hardest part of this surgery.It isnt the surgery itself or ,the recovery,its the mental part of it.I have cried and mourned food for several weeks now.It is gettting bettter though as time goes by.My advice is just stay focused and all will be well.Good luck!

jjldh_va
on 11/18/12 10:56 am
VSG on 10/09/12 with

I had surgery on 10/9 with Dr. A.  I had such a good experience as well!  You should post that on Dr. Alvarez as a review. 

~JJ~    Surgery w/ Dr. Alvarez on Oct 9 2012  ~ HW 300?? ~ SW280.0 ~ CW 217.6

scared_26
on 12/12/12 10:43 am

I am going to Dr Alvarez this coming week for surgery I am 36 years old.  I am a bit scared I am suddenly worried about everything but I know that Dr Alvarez is an amazing doctor and qualified  how was the ansethisiologist and how did he perform the leak test on you?  Scared and worried but I must do this.

3cboys
on 12/12/12 11:31 am - Purcellville, VA
Good luck to you! It is was awesome from beginning to end. There is always someone from his staff that speaks English and the hospital is old but very clean. The anesthesiologist very was nice. I was in my room, in a gown, I already had my IV in when he came in to talk to me.... Asked me a few questions, put stuff in my IV and I was out.... Next thing I remember I woke up in my room. it was quick and fairly painless. Walk, walk, walk!! It helps so much! Dr Alvarez and dr gabe are fantastic..... They came in throughout the day to check on me. Good luck to you...it will be fantastic!
Most Active
Recent Topics