Travelling with Fred - open to suggestions

dr_spatula
on 10/24/12 2:10 pm
VSG on 07/27/12
Gawd, I love Hawai'i!! The chicken over there is divine and taste how chicken is supposed to taste. Have you tried any shave ice? I am sure there has to be a place that has sugar free syrup for shave ice. Yum! I second the sushi route...my favorite is yellowtail sashimi - 120 calories for 3 oz and chock-full-o protein. I highly recommend Chef Alan Wong's restaurant on S. King Street...they could always do something that is made-to-order for you (no oil/sauce/etc.) It's high-priced, but worth it. You can find a lot of little eateries that sell plate lunches for relatively cheap...and with our restriction, one boxed lunch would last for days. Ask your concierge where the good local eateries are that have the plate lunches. I think there were some off King Street, as well as one of the streets parallel to King. However, stay AWAY from Leonard's Bakery (the malasadas are amazing but all sugar and fat).

Regardless of where to eat, I am sooooo jealous. Such a great place to visit. Don't forget about hiking up Diamond Head! Have fun and enjoy!

Kelly-AnneH
on 10/24/12 4:39 pm - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
We're bussing to Hanauma Bay tomorrow with thoughts of swimming (playing with our new snorkels) and having a picnic - and resting tender feet for a day. Diamond Head is planned for Saturday or Sunday, and the Polynesian Cultural Centre for either Friday or Monday. (We fly home Tuesday. Bah)

Is a plate lunch similar to a bento? I'm not familiar with the term. Our method of dealing with meals out is to choose something we both like and order 1 serving. I eat my few bites and Barry eats the rest.

What is shave ice? I'm all in for anything sugar free and COLD.

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

Most Active