Almost 5 years out and way off track ***Need Motivation***

acbbrown
on 10/9/12 7:02 am - Granada Hills, CA
It sounds like you need to set a goal or two to get yourself motivated - motivation is one of those things that sometimes, you have to fake it till you make it!  You have to find something that is going to draw you away from the path of least resistance and make you want to work for it. Some of us, or a lot of us, find exercise related goals to keep pushing us but ouit doesnt necessarily have to be exercise related.

Track your current intake for a while before changing anything - that way you get a good idea of where your calories/carbs/proteins/fats/fluid levels are - you can look at the big picture and put together a plan - and you wont just be shooting in the dark.

I wouldnt suggest a liquid diet - it sounds like you just need to change the quality of some of your foods which depending on what you are eating, is an easier plan. As you know, this isnt a sprint or race to some pre-defined finish line - you have your entire life to maintain - so just focus on changing some habits.

I have to say BIG F*N congrats on maintaining all this time - you might be a little disappointed with your current weight, but you have accomplished an incredible task here - please please think about the magnitude of that and celebrate that and then get to work :)

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

melony624
on 10/9/12 7:53 am, edited 10/9/12 7:54 am - Lampasas, TX
VSG on 11/13/07 with
Yes, it's great the "tool" has maintained this long with my poor dietary habits.  I feel quite comfortable but know I need to go down a bit more.  Not trying to get to the "weight chart" normal, but would be comfortable 25-35 lbs or so less.  I need to start tracking and abstaining obviously.  Small steps, big gain (losses).  And WOW, look at your weight loss, I just seen the tape thing.  That is awesome and in a quick amount of time!  Thanks for your reply!
INgirl
on 10/9/12 8:39 am
It's a great thing that you have held onto your losses! 

I noted you said you had been using the protein shots, and now not for quite some time.. when were your last labs- protein, albumen and pre-albumen? Protein shots don't supply a bio-available protein (collagen is the least usable protein, not a good source for anyone, anytime) and if you have not been doing protein first for several years, you may be deficient.. using your lean mass as fuel will slow your metabolism even more.. and eventually lead to some serious issues health wise. Please get your labs checked, and get a full vite panel done too (usually about 14 vials) so you know where you stand.. you may have some catching up to do..

acbbrown
on 10/9/12 12:28 pm - Granada Hills, CA
 I wish we had Courtney (tripmom02) on video at the OH conf talking to the New Whey ppl....I was a little surprised OH basically endorses this product by inviting the vendors...

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Julie L.
on 10/9/12 1:17 pm - Montreal, Canada
VSG on 11/08/12
The lack of protein is what scares me,  if you're maintaining your weight and drinking a ton of empty calories in sweet tea,   and not taking in enough protein...  you can do fine cutting carbs out of your diet,  there are no necessary carbs and your body can create what it needs,  but protein is very necessary and your body can't create that from what you're eating... it will break down muscle to get what it needs.  Which means that while you may be maintaining your weight,   your lean body mass is probably going down every year and your fat mass is going up,  even if your weight is staying the same,  which in turn means that every year it'll be harder and harder to maintain your weight (you'll burn less calories) and if it goes long enough you'll get very sick.

Most Active
Recent Topics