Back pain

Jackie00
on 10/5/12 6:34 am
Well I had to leave work early one day this week, it is back full force. Dr sent me in for xrays which revealed I have arthritis in my lower back, and he is sending me for a ct scan to rule out any disc herniation. I was talking to him about what I can take for pain because of my sleeve and told him for almost two months I have been on just about everything which is not helping. He told me to alternate tylenol, advil, motrin, ibuprofen but none of it is working. I am at my wits end with the pain. I told him all I have been doing is walking which he told me is fine, to stick with it even though it seems to cause me more back pain with the hills now. He said exercise is going to continue to be painful but I will benefit from it in the long run with the arthritis. I had to take a pillow into work today so I can sit, I can't sit any longer without flaring it up full force. Today I felt the urge to go pee well lucky I made it to the bathroom and almost onto the toilet and it seemed like I lost bladder control, which I will keep an eye on the next few days to see if it persists. Also getting leg numbness where I almost couldn't lift my leg to go up the stairs.

OMG I did this surgery to get to a healthy weight and to feel better, I am happy with the weight loss, but I feel like I am falling apart. Being on all these pain pills are hard on the stomach, I don't feel good, and just want to get better to enjoy life. Sorry about the rant but feel the cat scan is going to show some bad news and knowing about the bladder control and leg numbness, which I know I am suppose to report right away, but I will wait to see how it is over the weekend since I am going away for the canadian thanks giving.
Sleeved 15-Sept-2011 HW 294 Pre op weight 285 SW 279 GW 145?
Pre op 6 lbs lost, M1 - 23 lbs M2 - 11 lbs M3 - 12 M4 - 6 M5 -10 M6 -10 M7 -7 M8 - 4 M9 - 4
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

happyteacher
on 10/5/12 8:40 am
 Ok... I read a post quite a while ago where somebody had very similar issues, a long with dragging a leg or something like that.  Goodness I wish I could remember more, but hopefully somebody here can recall more.  It involved going to a neurologist and was caused by the rapid weight loss.  If I can remember more on it I will come back and post.  

I have back issues too, and was told recently I had arthritis in the middle back.  Is this common for us wls folks, or just a coincidence?

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Jackie00
on 10/5/12 9:00 am
I don't know, but he sent me in immediately for the xray and called me bach in the next day with the results. I imagine just the wear and tear we did to our bodies being obese and just life in general.
Sleeved 15-Sept-2011 HW 294 Pre op weight 285 SW 279 GW 145?
Pre op 6 lbs lost, M1 - 23 lbs M2 - 11 lbs M3 - 12 M4 - 6 M5 -10 M6 -10 M7 -7 M8 - 4 M9 - 4
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

alabamaorthogirl
on 10/5/12 5:50 pm - AL
VSG on 02/19/13
I have similar symptoms and I haven't had surgery yet. I had an MRI and saw a neurosurgeon who said I had two ruptured discs. The pain is unbearable. I take lots of pain meds right now. I also have numbness on back of right thigh and the pa at office said I have nerve compression on S2 and that can sometimes cause incontinence. I'm having a series of epidurals right now. It has helped but I'll probably need surgery. Sounds like you need a MRI to find out problem. Good luck. Hope you feel better soon.
Most Active
Recent Topics