Palette satisfaction

Margaret.hollar
on 10/2/12 2:35 pm - NC
 5 days out from surgery...feel great but I can barely swallow anything.  I liked protein shakes before but I gag now at the milky feeling left in my mouth and the sweetness of it.  Are there any tangy or citrusy tasting drinks...I was not a fan of milkshakes to begin with...I seem to only want yogurt but told liquids only for two weeks.  The amount of food is not the problem as much as the appetite.
kitsyb
on 10/3/12 12:18 am - Mobile, AL
VSG on 01/23/12
Concentrate right now on getting the water/fluids in.  Sip, sip, sip.  Your appetite will get better every day.  Right now you probably won't be getting in the 70g protein but get what you can where you can.  The most important thing is keeping yourself hydrated!

morgans
on 10/3/12 12:24 am
VSG on 06/18/12
I could really only tolerate Crystal Light Peach iced tea with unflavored protein. You could try chicken broth with protein as well. Jus****ch the temperature - over 130F will mess up the protein.

hollykim
on 10/3/12 1:22 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
thin the yogurt down with milk/water to drinkable  abd you have a liquid. GL

pineview01
on 10/3/12 12:33 pm - Davison, MI
I bought some Proti Diet Concentrated Drink once acidently.  It's liquid and comes in a pouch.  Found it to be great.  Recommended it to my sister when she was sleeved.  It saved her as she couldn't get the milk shake protien drinks down.  Wish I had it when I was banded the first couple days.

I have the Kiwi-Melon right now;  Calories 70,Protein 15g, Carb 2g,  Sodium only 5mg, Potassium 10mg and Fat, Cholesterol 0.

http://www.dietdirect.com/proamino-protidiet-drink-concentra tes.html

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active
Recent Topics