Unsure

missyshy
on 10/2/12 5:23 am - Canada
VSG on 09/21/12
 Question!  I'm sick with horrible flu this week,  I am having hardest time drinking protein shakes?? 1 sip and I feel like I'm going to explode I'm instantly nauseated:( 
Is this normal with a cold?

favrow812
on 10/2/12 5:28 am - Olathe, KS
VSG on 02/20/12
with medical advice like this I would really call your doctor, especially since you are only 2.5 weeks out!

There is only one success--to be able to spend your life in your own way.

slatond
on 10/2/12 5:58 am
Agree w/ prev poster, definitely check w/ doctor. I did read a post awhile back where someone had a cold and they mentioned having trouble drinking or eating in AM and several people responded to start w/ something warm 1st to clear stomach .. ie. hot tea/ hot coffee... U might try that until you can get in touch w/ dr!?
Kelly-AnneH
on 10/2/12 6:15 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
"Stomach flu" or flu flu? (stomach flu isn't flu at all - which doesn't make you feel any less horrible) A GP can't really do a lot for either, but you're going to get different answers on here if we know your symptoms.

In the meantime, with you being freshly sleeved I'd go back to clear fluids for a day or 2. Ginger or peppermint tea are good for an unhappy tummy. Protein is important but fluids are essential. If you can't keep clear fluids down get yourself to a doctor. Flu is lousy, dehydration can be deadly.

If you have PAIN and fever, skip the GP and head to emergency.

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

Most Active