I have a date!

luvbskts
on 9/30/12 2:51 am
I found out on Friday that I am scheduled for surgery on 10/31.  What do I need to pack for the hospital?

The nerves have officially set in.  I have doubts if I can do this.  I want to eat everything in sight...is this nervous?

PrettyEyes_41
on 9/30/12 3:14 am - MS
VSG on 06/12/12
CONGRATULATIONS! I only took a few things that I really used, my Nook for reading that I only used once or twice, definitely take some chapstick as your lips will be dry long before they allow you even ice chips. I took a pair of pull on gym shorts to wear under my hospital gown and a light robe to throw over my shoulders during walks and my slippers. I also took my toothbrush, toothpaste and shampoo. Everything else was provided that I needed.

You can do this! My doctor questioned me hard before surgery because I had already lost 36 lbs before surgery. But like I told him I had a goal and the vsg was a tool I felt I needed to reach that goal. If I hadn't gone through with it I would've been frustrated and regained my pre-surgery loss by now with a few extra pounds as always happened. I have also met all my comobidity goals already and am healthier than I've been in 20 years! Healthier at 54 than I was at 34!!! No more blood pressure issues or meds, off cholesterol meds, no diabetic meds and off my Nexium and IBS medications.

I had a few 'food funerals' the 3 days prior to my liquid diet which started 2 weeks before my surgery. I just ate my favorite foods but did not 'overeat' them, normal portions. It was silly actually because I can now eat all my favorite foods but in smaller portions and with healthier changes. Like I love mexican food but forego the rice, chips and tortillas now. I eat some of the meat with salsa on it and refried beans with cheese and I'm full.

Gale     Age: 55, Height: 5' 5.5", HW: 236, SW: 210, 1st GW: 150.  Surgery BMI: 39.3  Extremely HBP, High Cholesterol & borderline diabetic.      

melz1974
on 9/30/12 10:06 am
VSG on 07/10/12

Congrats!!!  

I packed comfy pj pants & a baggy shirt, razor, deodorant, my shampoo & conditioner, a brush, iPhone, toothbrush & toothpaste.  Some people like to bring books or magazines.  I brought both but didn't read either.  I didn't feel comfortable in the hospital gowns so I changed into my pj pants as soon as possible.  They didn't let me shower until day 2...but boy it felt good.  I'm glad I brought my shampoo & conditioner because I didn't want to use the J&J baby shampoo they gave me because my hair tangles so easily.  

Sleeved July 10th ~ My independence day!
Highest Weight: 302, Consult Weight:298 Surgery Weight:263 

Most Active
Recent Topics