6 days post

missyshy
on 9/27/12 10:16 am - Canada
VSG on 09/21/12
 So I'm 6 days post surgery,  I've had lots of questions about my experience
So, here it goes!

I flew from Calgary to LA to San Diego where my driver Abraham from ALighterMe was there waiting even despite the fact I arrived over an hour late due to airline. As soon as he approached he had the warmest smile, he gave me the biggest hug and said your going to be fine and congrats! He was so kind to my mom I can't even explain. He carried our bags out to the company minivan. We talked up a storm he was very informative about procedure. Moments later we were at the Marriott hotel in Tijuana. Abraham came in and helped us get signed in and we said goodnight. The next morning he was at the hotel at 900am, I signed out of hotel and we drove to hospital.  I filled out 5 mins worth of paperwork, Abraham stayed with me.  The nurses came to do pre tests and within in minutes the warmest friendliest nursing staff was attending to me.  Not everyone spoke English but we NEVER had a language barrier!! A few moments later Abraham came in and introduced my go to guy Eduardo. Painfully too handsome to be working with girls who are admitting their overweight lol! Lol but he was professional and supportive!  Then Dr Fernando Garcia Govea came in, he went over procedure in detail, answered all mine and my moms questions and then asked if I was ready? I said yes and he said I'll see you soon! Moments later the staff were back and I was off! What felt like just moments later I woke in recovery to my moms voice, I knew I was okay cause she was there with Dr Garcia. Maybe an hour later I was walking myself to the bathroom and moving around slowly. Tmi; his prediet I credit the bowel movements I've had every single day since surgery so no constipation!!!!  I spent 2 days worry free I was in the best hands and can not thank the staff enough! 

3rd day Abraham took me to hotel, I was happy to be there, I didn't sleep much mostly due to the gas pains I had in my neck,  otherwise I had no pain from the surgery.  Day 2 at hotel Eduardo came and took me to a few local stores do I could buy souvenirs for my family, he was very careful to be sure no one got scammed!  After I went back, that night I felt sick, worried my mom called Eduardo, within 5 minutes he had a Dr from hospital in phone. My mom explained and 5 mins later Abraham was picking me up late at night and to hospital. The nurses were all over me and the Dr was sure that I was fine, probably just worn out.  An hour later Abraham who again waited for me, took me to hotel. 

Amazing Service!

I went home next day, Abraham even made a few extra stops for me to stores in the States.  He and I visited non stop talked about family and more.  When we arrived at airport it felt like saying goodbye to an old friend.  
Made it home, slept 3 hours that night,  I was feeling pretty low and burnt out.  The next day gotca little better, day 3 I felt great just bloated, limited movement, and my drain site is tender to be expected.  Slept a full night last night so I feel less crazy lol

Tips:  even if your sweats you take down with you are lose, trust me they'll be tight afterwards! Do not be discouraged, swelling comes down! 
Walk, walk, walk!!!

Do NOT drink juice stay with water! Juice almost had me vomiting! 
Dont drink from bottles! Pour into a glass! The bottles push air in making it impossible to take in the fluid without gas pain and hiccups!  No issues since I switched to a glass! 
Im  not resting much as I had to go back to work but go slow, night is for lounging and being LAZY! I'm down 4 lbs in 6 days and that alone keeps me going!

Thank You Dr Garcia you and your staff are beautiful people and I recommend him to anyone! Self pay patients you will get the greatest care and you can go to him with no fear! 

Gracias Dr Garcia! 

pineview01
on 9/27/12 10:46 am, edited 9/27/12 10:46 am - Davison, MI
Did you have to supply any of your own food/water?  If so did you take it with you, buy it in states or get it when you got to hotel. 

Does he use a full service hotel?

Thank you for such a great review.

Take care

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

missyshy
on 9/27/12 10:50 am - Canada
VSG on 09/21/12
 The Marriott is a 5 star hotel, just wonderful!  I had complimentary bottled waters and Popsicles.  My mom ordered room service and as we came from clinic she recv'd 15% off all her meals.  The food she loved! 

pineview01
on 9/27/12 3:18 pm - Davison, MI
Very cool!  I have read where some have to stop at a k-mart and buy
food and water.  Sounds like you had an A+ experience.

Can't wait to hear how you do!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

OH2012
on 9/27/12 12:05 pm - OH
Congratulations!!! It sounds as though you had a wonderful journey, to start your journey.

Wishing you well for continued success!!!
missyshy
on 9/27/12 12:07 pm - Canada
VSG on 09/21/12
 Thank you! I'm on cloud 9

Most Active