Hey, arm-flappers! Know of any good arm sucker-inners?

SleevedLife
on 9/21/12 10:44 am
Thanks for your generous offer!! I would actually prefer a black one - or some other color that isn't "nude".  Nude stuff always gives me the creeps for some reason - maybe it's just because they call it "nude". LOL!

I don't know what size I wear at one stop plus.  I'm a 14/16 at Lane Bryant.

Nutshell:

Lost 140 lbs with VSG. (Hooray!!)

got pregnant  (yeaaaa!)  

got cancer (boooo!)

regained 40 lbs.   (grrrr!)

In summary: Alive & Grateful.   

tripmom02
on 9/21/12 10:00 am - NJ

I wonder if any of these would work? The womens all have those stupid cap sleeves, but the mens have normal length sleeves. The beautiful thing about Zappos is that they have a fantastic return policy, so you can order a few, try them out and if you hate them you can send them back.

http://www.zappos.com/under-armour-heatgear-compression-s-s- tee-medium-grey-heather-black

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

SleevedLife
on 9/21/12 10:46 am
Nice suggestion because i LOVE Zappos.  Seriously, one of my favorite places to shop online.  They are a great company.

I think I need sleeves to at least the elbows, ideally 3/4.  With short sleeve, I could see my arms waddling their way out of the sleeve pretty easily.    I have a wing from armpit to elbow (tapering towards the elbow).

Nutshell:

got pregnant  (yeaaaa!)  

got cancer (boooo!)

tlpldy
on 9/21/12 10:08 am
A general question about compression wear.....

Have those of you who are post op found it to be more comfortable than it was pre weight loss?  I have tried some compressoin type things, they all hurt or are uncomfortable to me. 

Punkin Bugg
on 9/21/12 10:13 am
I bought my first pair of Spanx for a wedding recently, and thankfully I was towards the lower end of that particular weight/size division.  They held me in nicely & comfortably all evening!  I'd like an invisible pair for my arms so I could wear sleveless tops for the first time since oh I dunno 8th grade?

INgirl
on 9/21/12 10:55 am
I do find them more comfy now.. partly since I'm not buying them snug-snug.. just enough to hold in the skin rather than compress the fat and shape it. So, I don't need the tight constriction, just light support to keep the excess skin from flapping (arms) or flopping over the waist of my jeans like it seems to want to do anymore.. 
acbbrown
on 9/21/12 10:10 am - Granada Hills, CA
 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Adidas-TechFit-PowerWeb-Sports-Bra-Top-LARGE-L-Long-Sleeve-Black-50-/140784010842

If i wasnt getting ready to have plastics, id be stocking up on these!!!  I saw some at the adidas store with a slightly diffferent bra portion with sleeves, but it looks like a great idea.

Ive been thinking about how to contain my bat wings while running without making myself hot though....i have lots of issues with chaffing on my arms sooo i;ll have to get creative :)

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

SleevedLife
on 9/21/12 10:49 am
Ooo- now that might be a good option.  :)  Thanks!

Good luck on your de-winging.   I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it.  I think about plastics more than I should - LOL!

Nutshell:

got pregnant  (yeaaaa!)  

got cancer (boooo!)

jule R.
on 9/21/12 10:32 am
VSG on 01/31/12 with
I use my kids leg warmers! they are found cheap in kids stores and have an opening on both ends and are for small kids so they are tight and suck in the skin.. you could also use a knee high sock and cut the end off. I do this when i work out under my sweatshirt

SleevedLife
on 9/21/12 10:51 am
OOoo - another creative solution!  Love it! 

I do have lots of "baby legs" around here.  I'm not sure if my arms are small enough for them, though.  Worth a shot, it's a good way to recycle them!

Knee high socks would be another good economical suggestion - thanks for that.  There too, though, I'm not totally sure if my arms would fit.  I don't own any knee-highs, so maybe if I can find some on sale I'll give it a go!

Nutshell:

got pregnant  (yeaaaa!)  

got cancer (boooo!)