Tomorrow is another day....maybe the stall will end??

VirgoMommy304
on 9/3/12 9:01 pm - Las Cruces, NM
VSG on 08/13/12
I did before I starting eating real food again.  In the first week when it was shakes only I was drained.  I was walking about 10 minutes, 3 times a day.  When I went to my 1 week post op my doctor said to start eating solid foods and just listen to my body.  I was craving fish so I ate tuna.  I did get a bit excited to eat food and went to fast but that is a lesson everyone will learn.  Since I started eating I feel great.  I pushed my 2 kiddos around at the zoo in a wagon all morning on Saturday just a few weeks after my surgery.  I feel like a normal person again just with a small stomach.  Everyone is different, you just have to listen to your body!  The thing I know without a doubt is that exercise is the key to all of this and I had to find a way to get back to exercising.
~Kristy
Pinkone
on 9/3/12 9:00 pm - Des Moines, IA
VSG on 08/13/12
 Wow, Kristy, that's really awesome! Were you as surprised as I have been to hit a stall so quickly?!

I do not know what to do regarding food. There are soooo many varied instructions noted here on the boards. From all clear for weeks to liquids for weeks to regular food one week out. Mine is two weeks liquids, two weeks pureeds, then soft foods and progress to regular foods as tolerated. My Nut started me on pureeds about 10 days out, not two weeks. Soft foods begin Wednesday for me. 

I have started finally exercising. I ignore my treadmill and think of selling it! Never have liked that thing...but want to see what's what when I get a little weight off and it's easier to use. Right now, I do the stationary bike. When the stupid hot weather finally breaks (90s-100s!), I want to go bike with my daughters. Of course, losing a few pounds would help that, too. I feel like an elephant on my bike right now!
Tracey    
VirgoMommy304
on 9/3/12 9:30 pm - Las Cruces, NM
VSG on 08/13/12
I honestly thought I just had surgery to lose 20 pounds and that was going to be it for me.  I know it is literally a survival mechinism our bodies have when they think they are never getting enough calories again they hold on to what they have.  Psychologically it does not matter.  I was going to say a bad word and start eating whatever I wanted, but I didn't.  It is scarry how there is not a universal standard for medical procedures.  Everyones doctor will say something different.  What works for one person will not work for another.  It is definitly easier to exercise now that I have lost a few pounds.  It makes me feel so good about myself and it making the right food choices is that much more important when you realize how hard you have to work for those calories :) 
~Kristy
4seasons
on 9/3/12 9:41 pm
VSG on 08/13/12
 I had surgery on 8/13 too and have been stalled for two weeks now. It is frustrating but I know it will change. My doctor let me start puréed/soft foods last week at two weeks out. I add unflavored protein to what I can and get all my vitamins in but I don't drink enough. It's funny how some people can drink so much, like 100+ oz. a day. I feel like I drink constantly and only get between 50-60 oz. in. I know I need to amp things up but I still get a little exhausted by mid afternoon and that leaves me shot for the rest of the day. (but I'm still smiling! So glad I did this!)

"It's not about perfect. It's about effort. And when you bring that effort every single day, that's where transformation happens. That's how change occurs." 

HW: 310 ~ SW: 289 ~ GW: 175
TSinNC
on 9/4/12 5:46 am
VSG on 08/16/12
Hang in there! The stall will break eventually!

fooh.pngTina

Follow my journey at www.TinaRebooted.com  Blog, Recipes, Product Reviews, and more!

Pinkone
on 9/4/12 9:44 am - Des Moines, IA
VSG on 08/13/12
Thanks....but it didn't today. EXACT same weight, 261.5. Yep! Down to that 1/2 lb, it's the same! LOL Can't do anything but laugh at this point!
Tracey    
Mojen
on 9/4/12 11:21 pm - IA
VSG on 08/14/12
I had my surgery the 14Th of Aug and today noticed my weight is still the same as last week.
It is depressing.  I also have been having problems with protein and water just not getting enough in.  I've had some issues since surgery really dizzy and very close to fainting to the point of falling a twisting my ankle and knee. Ouch!  and now this stall but I keep telling myself it's all for the good and I'll feel normal soon and yes are stalls will break and we'll see are numbers falling again.  

Good luck and please keep us posted.

Jenn D.
jolenecsky
on 9/5/12 11:10 am - Franklin, KY
VSG on 08/15/12
Well I hate to sound like a broken record around here, but I had surgery 2 days after you and I am STILL stalled too. I know it will break eventually, but it is starting to get on my nerves!! I have been stalled for 10 days now. Eating is sooooo much work. I feel like I have to choose between eating or drinking. Because I can hardly drink for hours after I eat. Otherwise, I feel like I will throw it all up. But anyway, hang in there everyone!

DOS: 8/15/12

Rose_wins
on 9/9/12 11:24 am - TX
VSG on 07/30/12
Tracey,
I am just a couple of weeks ahead of you on surgery dates, and by NO Means, am I anything near a seasoned sleever, but I will share experiences with you.  I went through my first stall about 2 weeks out of surgery, and it lasted several days, with the scale reacting just as you described yours doing.  I took inventory of my intake and decided that the only thing I knew to do differently, was to UP my protein.  I did that and walked on the treadmill a couple of times.  I guess those changes triggered my body to let go of some reserves, and I started losing again.  I have been stalled again, for 2 weeks with the exact same type behavior with the scales.  I will climb back up on the treadmill today.  As much as I do not like what I call, "being on the road to nowhere," I can see that in order to lose this weight, I have but one choice, and that is to incorporate walking into my daily life.  Let's keep in touch and encourage one another.  Try it yourself and share your results with me.  I think about 2/3 of this weight loss journey is learning how to keep on the forward path of losing these excess pounds, and mutual support can be a powerful tool.  I look forward to hearing your updates.
Rose
We play til I win...            
Most Active
Recent Topics