One Month Surgiversary

full-of-hopen
on 8/25/12 5:16 pm
Greetings!!  It is hard to believe that one month ago I had my VSG....looking back the time has gone fast...although there were times when I felt that I couldn't do liquids one more day....I just pressed forward knowing that mushies would be coming!! I enjoy the Ricotta Bake from Eggface and Elina's famous Green Chicken Soup!!! --- Thank you Shelly and Elina!!!

Many NSV's already -- clothes are getting to big, I "feel smaller" in my car, chairs etc!!

The one thing I really miss is tha****er just doesn't taste good anymore...and I used to love my ice water ....I remember reading on the boards that others have had this same thing happen and I was hoping it wouldn't happen to me.....oh, well....I just use crystal light, mio etc ....hoping that sometime in the future my taste will change again and I will love my water!!!!

I am thankful that everything related to the surgery has gone well, unfortunately, I have developed diverticulitis (an infection in my large colon) and am currently taking several antibiotics and back to liquids....things are a little hard right now because I am also very nauseated both due to the infection and the antibiotics....just concentrating on getting fluids in so I don't get dehydrated. So for now I will keep focused on the "job" at hand and look forward to feeling better and moving forward with healthy living!!!

Thank you OH, vets and newbies for all of the inspiration and support!!

HW: 248 Consult Wt: 245 Surgery WT: 225 (VSG 7-25-12) Goal Wt: 135  (5-15-13)               Current Wt: 125

M 1: 18   M 2: 13  M3:  9  M4: 10  M5: 8  M6: 8  M7: 8  M8: 6  M9: 6  M10:  6  M11:  3  M12: 2 M13:  2  M14:  1

TSinNC
on 8/25/12 5:42 pm
VSG on 08/16/12
Hope you feel better soon!

fooh.pngTina

Follow my journey at www.TinaRebooted.com  Blog, Recipes, Product Reviews, and more!

full-of-hopen
on 8/26/12 6:14 am
Thank you!
Italian-Princess
on 8/25/12 5:54 pm - IL
VSG on 06/28/12
Hi Barb

I'm sorry to hear about your diverticulitis.  I know that's not fun at all.  Hope you recover quickly and can get back in the game.  Yep, drink those fluids -- you sure don't need dehydration on top of everything else.

Congrats on your one month "Surgie" -- time flies when we're counting carbs LOL  You are doing really well and I know once you are off all those meds, you're going to keep flying toward your goal!

Take care....................hugs,

Ree

full-of-hopen
on 8/26/12 6:15 am
Thank you for your support and encouragement Ree!! Barb
sleevegirl
on 8/26/12 6:18 am - Austin, TX
Sorry to hear about the diver, but really glad you are doing well. Hang in there... you'll be a year in no time

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

full-of-hopen
on 8/26/12 6:34 am
Thanks Candy....appreciate your support! Barb
Most Active