8/13'ers -- One week out! How ya doing?!

Pinkone
on 8/20/12 2:34 pm - Des Moines, IA
VSG on 08/13/12
 Just wondered how my fellow 8/13'ers are doing. I've been following right along with what my dr's sample menu plan is. I think I can drink too much too easily, so I'm wary of that. Hate taking one of the meds, a capsule that I finally started dissolving in some crystal light. It's to prevent gallstones.

My day consists of either lf yogurt, ff/sf pudding, lf cream soup, and milk/protein blends, and, of course, 64 oz of water and crystal light. I have had one cuppa coffee a day, but wonder about that. I think I've lost about 11 lbs. My scale at home differs from the hospital weight, so I'm going with what I think is about right as a starting point. Liking this better than when I had the LapBand, I think!
Tracey    
Joeyb278
on 8/20/12 2:51 pm - Houston, TX
VSG on 08/13/12
I'm a fellow 8/13r as well. I'm thinking that I am doin pretty ok. I don't have a scale at home so I haven't been able 2 check my weight but I'm planning on getting 1 soon. Thanx for posting ur meal plan cuz I been trying 2 get some ideas! Thanx!! I dont really know about the coffee, I thought 2 stay away from it just cuz stuff needs 2 be caffeine free and decaf is not really the same.. Thats my thought tho, lol.. Hope u keep doin good & we can both have or success stories!! I wish u the best of luck friend!!

My Journey has officially started!!! Joey B!!!  HW: 530lbs ~ SW: 428lbs ~ GW: 180lbs 

Pinkone
on 8/20/12 4:22 pm - Des Moines, IA
VSG on 08/13/12
 Thanks! Ready for my post-op appointment on Wednesday just to check how things are going. I feel like I'm wingin' it a lot, even though my doc's office gave me a plan and I'm following best I can. 
Tracey    
MissSmoove1
on 8/20/12 4:57 pm
VSG on 08/13/12
 Hello, I'm doing great!!!! I'm getting the fluids in without a problem... I can even sleep on my tummy I just can't wait to advance to full liquids, right now I'm on clear liquid and I'm tired of it. I pray tomorrow when I go for my 1 wk post op appt I'm  clear to the next stage! I'm waiting for tomorrow to hit the scale!!!!!
Luvnall3
on 8/20/12 10:58 pm
Hello, I am a post 8/13er! I am doing good. Walked 2 miles today to get my kids to & from school. Might have overdone that a bit, but doc ordered for me to stay away from driving (for now) See him Weds. I am on a luquid diet and swear that sometimes I feel nothing, no hunger, then other times I feel hungry. I take 2 pepcid, am/pm. Still on my pain meds, mostely because the hernia repair has caused me extra pain.I still have gas pains and some shoulder pain.  
I too can drink a bit too easy. Example. Today got back from the walk. I was hot and tired. So I rested. When I woke, I grabbed a V8 juice can. Somehow, must have had a sleepy brain and I actually drank like 8-10 oz. in like 15 min.! It didnt hurt, I was fine.I am getting  about 7-8 cups on a  good day. Then I started having all these bad ideas, like, maybe the surgeon just took my money and I dont have the sleeve.....lol. I know ridiculous.! Still sore a bit. Getting around better and craving for things to be a bit normal in my house again. But all in all, well worth it so far. I am dropping lbs. everyday! Congrats all of the 8/13er's you are all doing great!

31 yrs. old~Height : 5'4" HW: 265 * SW: 263 * CW: 181 * GW: 160