Venting

nieba
on 8/6/12 5:30 am - Rialto, CA
VSG on 09/04/12 with
Okay, so why is it whenever I call the surgeon's office and talk to the one girl that is currently handling the scheduling and remaining pre-op, I feel like I am the idiot?

She has been fairly nice, but just now we are scheduling the pre-op class and she told me "okay I will schedule your pre-op on the 23rd."

What pre-op?..."The pre-op."   What is the pre-op involving?... "It like a physical. Oh and you will need to get blood work done too." (it actually went on longer than this.)

Why can't these people actually come out with the information so I don't have to call back 5 times asking questions?

Just frustrated right now.

Jennifer B.
(Can't wait to meet the new me!)

HW: 288  SW: 270.2   CW: 199.8  GW: 170-180   Hgt: 5'10" 

vogue
on 8/6/12 5:45 am
VSG on 08/30/12
if its any consulation, my surgeon's office was the same way... its VERY frustrating... I think they do this all day everyday and forget we dont have a clue...
synthangel
on 8/6/12 6:12 am - NV
VSG on 11/02/12
 I use to supervise a team of tech support agents and it is definitely true that they forget that they were talking to non technical end users. Probably these office workers have the same issue. Sadly all we can do is ask, so dont feel bad about asking... sorry about your frustrations though!!

:) 
rhearob
on 8/6/12 6:57 am - TN
 Ask them flat out what steps need to be completed in what order and whatdo you need to do at each step.

TAKE CONTROL of the conversation.  These people are working for YOU.  YOU have the responsibility to make sure everything gets done, and you are as knowledgeable as you can be - not them.

If you don't want to talk to them 5 times, make sure you get all the information you need in the next phone call.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

red42897
on 8/6/12 11:37 pm
VSG on 08/20/12
 I had the EXACT same issues.  I went in for the orientation, saw the doc, then they kept scheduling me for the next thing. Dietician, then after I saw the dietician it's another step, etc.  I just wanted to know the process so that I coudl mentally prepare for the whole thing.  Will I ever be done with appointments? Will they ever request the insurance approval?  etc. 

Robert is right, don't be afraid to not get off the phone until all of your questions are answered. I have worked in physician offices for years and now work for the insurance which really helps me feel empowered so I know when you haven't it can feel so frustrating. I ended up asking for the office manager and then they offered for me to speak with the bariatric coordinator who was great and got all my questions answered. 

HW:280 SW: 259 CW: 181.2

Most Active
Recent Topics