does the buffalo hump ever go away?

(deactivated member)
on 8/2/12 11:36 pm - CO
VSG on 09/20/12
 I know some of you may not have had this problem, lucky you. Will this thing ever go away as you lose the weight? or is this something we have to get pastics on later?

thanks!

INgirl
on 8/2/12 11:41 pm
I didn't have it too bad, but yes- as my upper body thinned out (upper went first) the hump went away.. Are you on any meds (steroids) etc that are making it worse, or is it just where you store excess fat? I always thought my posture was just horrible- but part of it was the hump.. 
(deactivated member)
on 8/2/12 11:47 pm, edited 8/2/12 11:48 pm - CO
VSG on 09/20/12
 im on thyroid meds (armour) but i dont think that it contributes to it. it just seems to be a combination of bad posture and excess fat storage. 

I always wondereed if it would ever go away. how about your posture? has that gotten better...? i know this all has to do with core strength and I plan on heeavy yoga/pilates when the time permits. any suggestions?

thanks again!

INgirl
on 8/3/12 12:07 am
 The posture is a work in progress.. I have a wonked neck and back, pretty bad with neck spurs and such.. so looking up sometimes hurts, keeps my head pitched forwards at times, so much that it's a habit now. Strength work def helps, opening up the chest helps, and working on the shoulders and upper back is good too.. That and trying to be mindful of my posture.. I'm also a big advocate of stretching, even when you can't work out- stretch! I can feel it when I skip a few days. I was big, but flexible.

Yoga/pilates is something I VERY much want to do, bought some class packages, just have not gone yet! my chiro really thinks it helps too- esp if you can get in with a pro at the beginning just to get good guidance before doing group classes.
ND2BTHN
on 8/3/12 1:21 am - Canada
VSG on 01/16/12
 I had formed a nice hump at the base of my neck and shoulder area. I have a tendency to jut my chin out, which stretches my neck forward. It looks unnatural, but I guess I formed this habit to make my double chin less noticeable. It is also more comfortable on my back, but I have to constantly remind myself to keep my head back and my back and shoulders straight. It hurts but my posture needs it. The hump did go away after a 3 months or so. I lost my weight from the top half first. The posture does contribute to the hump, but mine was mostly just fat deposits. I still have to keep working on the posture, and strengthening my core more. 

HW: 235   SW:227   Preopw:218   GW:120   HT:5'3  
jule R.
on 8/3/12 4:18 am
VSG on 01/31/12 with
YES IT DOES! It was one of the first things to go along with my double chin and I was very happy because for a long time I didn't know if it was my weight or a serious issue and no DR would really pay attention because they said it was just fat. They were right and now its pretty much gone!

Most Active
Recent Topics