Has anyone gotten a tattoo to mark their VSG?

Zedsmummy
on 7/30/12 9:17 pm - Canada
 Tonight I am getting my very first tattoo, and my second too actually.

I'm getting a broken birdcage tattooed on my inside right forearm (near the elbow) and in the same place on my left arm I have a bird in flight.

The tattoo represents me breaking out of my cage of obesity (I've still got a ways to go but I already feel emancipated!)

Sleeved by Dr. Kelly, Tijuana BC Mexico, Decemeber 7th 2011.

morgans
on 7/30/12 10:08 pm
VSG on 06/18/12
I love that!

I have a large tattoo on my calf that has symbols of my larger life experiences - my first house, my husband, a hurricane, etc. I've been debating on what to add for the VSG. I think it's a great idea!

Paisleysmommy0119
on 7/30/12 11:16 pm
VSG on 07/26/12
I don't have any tattoos as of right now but my husband has a couple and has been begging me to go get one. He also has been wanting to get another one himself, so I told him that once I lose 100lbs that we can go together and both get a tattoo. That way I have a goal and he has a little bit of incentive to help push me to do great and get to goal! I'm 5 days post op and have lost around 18 lbs since I started my two week pre op diet... So I'm on my way!!

morgans
on 7/31/12 6:20 am
VSG on 06/18/12
You and I are about the same start-finish. :)

blakereimert
on 7/31/12 12:21 am - TX
I had a full sleeve after I lost 100 pounds, something I always wanted, but wouldnt do when I was big. Im thrilled with it:)

cajunlady1958
on 7/31/12 1:24 am - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
 I really want to get one when I reach my 100 pound loss.  Does it hurt real bad?  I was thinking of getting my avatar (turquoise and black butterfly).  And if it does hurt where is the place that it hurts the least.

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

(deactivated member)
on 7/31/12 7:54 am
OT: Great photo! Maybe someday I will get the nerve  to post mine.
Congrats
Carmelita
on 7/31/12 2:55 am - Four Corners, NM
Oooh I like that Zed...I wish you'd post pics of em....cuz I love body art!  I would be a total Yakuza girl  

...IF I was  30 years younger! lol ...my last one in 2000 on my left outter forearm..a barcode w/ my SSN...got a little droopy from my weight loss...had it retouched  by 2 years out...its good now

but my VSG tatt?..  not YET.....one of my goals tho ,-)   Will look sumthin like this...but instead of Love will be the word Obesity....in glow in the dark or white ink....so its not visible during the day in case I gotta get a job (sure huh!!) 

Ive fantasized about flippin the "obesity" bird to my 2 older SMO sisters since all 5 comorbidites were resolved by 3 mos. post VSG.   I didn't get it then and glad I didn't cuz I lost so much finger weight too..... it woulda come out sloppy lookin by 2 yrs out. 

both my older sis' tell me & other family, friends to this day!  that ...I took the "easy way out", ....hello its been almost 4 years now! can ya stop with the crazy crap n jealousy..we're too old for this sibling rivalry ****!

both of em...pop their pills for hypertension, high cholesterol, diabetes, joint pain, and depression...a slave to drugs to manage their physical problems everyday for decades...I USED TO BE THEM!! 

.now alls I take are vitamins, minerals and other supplements everyday ...so yeah  I am a slave to supplementin!  but no medications for comorbidities cuz they no longer exist.

Im serious tho...when I hear one negative jealous word, one complaint about their ailments...comin outta their mouths...Im gonna be flippin that obesity bird......and tell em.....Im not sayin f*** YOU.....Im sayin F*** OBESITY lol ! 

VSG was/is in some aspects the "easy way out",  truth is ...more like the ONLY WAY OUT...for me! and Ive told them that repeatedly thru the years. but they don't hear me ...

Im hopin flippin em the "obesity" bird .... will show em way better than my weight loss, and resolution of my comorbidities have! ,-)

enchantedmommy
on 7/31/12 2:56 am - boydton , VA
i love that idea for a tattoo....i have 14 and want more and even though im going with the gastric bypass i plan on getting one for my goal and life change
AngieB2011
on 7/31/12 3:18 am - MD
VSG on 03/19/12
I want to get one too. I already have two. I don't have any idea what I want or where I want to put it though.

I read (might have been here on OH) that someone had their surgery date tattooed in roman numerals. That was neat.

Whatever I get I want it to be small and dainty. lol.
Most Active