Surgery 7-25-12, home 7-27-12 rollercoaster of emtion

Italian-Princess
on 7/28/12 11:15 pm - IL
VSG on 06/28/12
Hi Barb,

First of all, it's super that your surgery went well and that you're pretty much pain-free!  That's GREAT

Anything you feel is your normal!  We are all so different that normal has to be all-encompassing.  I flew through this whole thing like it was a fair grounds ride -- all the required stuff was easy to do after the first week..........getting in all that fluid was hard then for me.  No emotional stuff that I'm aware of -- as of yet, no one has threatened to force-feed me tranquilizers LOL  But that isn't for everyone -- there are concerns (fears?) about doing things the "right" way -- staying on plan, wondering if/when there will be a day when cheating happens, days when the scale doesn't show a drop...............any and all thoughts are okay.  How we deal with things is what matters.

You seem to have a positive attitude and respect for this new tool.  You'll succeed and when you do, you'll become an inspiration to others.

I'm only a month out and I feel like my life is pretty much what it was pre-op.......except I don't have any desire to eat much.  A quarter cup of food is usually a bit too much for me at this point.  Otherwise, life goes on as before.  Of course, I love Myrtle -- she's my sleeve LOL  You will be saying you love your sleeve very soon!

Good luck and keep posting -- can't wait to see your progress!

Ree
full-of-hopen
on 7/29/12 8:26 am
Hi Ree,

Thank you so much for the support!! it is now day 4 and I am feeling much better emotionally and physically; sipping, walking and resting!!! I love the sugar free popsicles.  

Barb

HW: 248 Consult Wt: 245 Surgery WT: 225 (VSG 7-25-12) Goal Wt: 135  (5-15-13)               Current Wt: 125

M 1: 18   M 2: 13  M3:  9  M4: 10  M5: 8  M6: 8  M7: 8  M8: 6  M9: 6  M10:  6  M11:  3  M12: 2 M13:  2  M14:  1

(deactivated member)
on 7/29/12 3:41 pm
I am just 1 week since my surgery, had a little extra trouble and pain with a giant hernia, so I just focused on getting out of pain. I could not even bear to look at this forum for a week. Before surgery I was "let's gooooo"!!!
and after for 2 or 3 days was ughhh! Now the worst is over and I'm about 10 lbs down and studying my solid food recipes and planning a wardrobe!
Hang in there! It's going to be great and this part doesn't last very long and each day you feel better and better and it's normal to have mixed feelings after something so big.
!
full-of-hopen
on 7/29/12 11:53 pm
Thank you for your support....I am feeling better; this is morning of day 5 - went for a walk, feeling more tired today but overall I am moving in the right direction....planning to weigh myself on Saturday, my bra's fit better--more comfortable!!! small NSV

Take care....Barb

HW: 248 Consult Wt: 245 Surgery WT: 225 (VSG 7-25-12) Goal Wt: 135  (5-15-13)               Current Wt: 125

M 1: 18   M 2: 13  M3:  9  M4: 10  M5: 8  M6: 8  M7: 8  M8: 6  M9: 6  M10:  6  M11:  3  M12: 2 M13:  2  M14:  1

(deactivated member)
on 7/30/12 5:44 am
 Whoo hoo small or large it's an NSV!
Most Active