My amazing journey, 6 months out :)

Hope Y.
on 7/28/12 6:07 am - Harrison, MI
VSG on 01/23/12
Better late than never, I guess.  My 6 month annivesary was 7/23 and I thank God and Dr. Kam every day for the opportunity I have been given.  When I started this journey, I was 331 pounds, 5'7", size 26 jeans/dress, 26/28 shirt, 3X scrubs, and men's 3X coats.  Now, 6 months later, I am at 223 pounds, size 14 or 16 jeans/dress, large or XL shirt, large scrubs, and women's XL coats. 

I never thought there would be a day when I could run at the park with my kids, run up and down the stairs in my house without being short of breath/knees hurting, and have normal blood pressure without the help of medication.  The only really frustrating part of this journey has been shopping...I am very cheap and it's killing me to not be able to buy things at garage sales for fall/winter!  I never thought there'd be a day when I could be looking at a women's size large coat and think, "I think that will be too big come November!"

I don't really have a goal weight in mind.  I would like to get under 200 pounds, and would love to be at about 190-195, as that would give me merely an "overweight" BMI.  I know not everyone on here agrees but my body type will not really allow me to have a "normal" BMI.  I have people now who can't believe what I weigh - they thought I started this journey at 275ish and am at 175ish now.  I am "packed tight", as my family says, and have never really had a lot of fat/flab jiggling around so I guess I hide my weight well.

And now, for the good part ...

Approx 3 weeks post op

Date is right, wearing size 14 dress from Fashion Bug (misses, not plus!!)

Bad hair, tired eyes but happy smile on that skinnier face :)

The shirt from my first 5K; wearing it tucked in for the first time in probably 20 years!

Sleeved - 1/23/12       Starting weight - 331                  Current weight - 195  

gabriellaz
on 7/28/12 6:12 am - CA
VSG on 07/02/12
Congrats you look wonderful

Shagdoll
on 7/28/12 6:22 am
You are doing an awesome job!!! Best of luck to you with continued success!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

tracey6692
on 7/28/12 6:47 am
VSG on 08/02/12
Congratlations to you!  You look wonderful!  My surgery is scheduled for Aug 2nd and I can not wait.  i am excited and nervous too!  When ever I am feeling discouraged I log and read all the posts ad t is always so helpful. 
Tracey

MuttLover
on 7/28/12 7:07 am
VSG on 11/14/12
 Great work!  You look amazing!
TSinNC
on 7/28/12 7:22 am
VSG on 08/16/12
That is great! You look awesome! Congrats!
Jack_Fabulous
on 7/28/12 8:19 am - VA
VSG on 02/16/12
Congratulations!  I'm 5 months out and I know what you mean. We have very similar goals.  Don't worry about what others think.  You need to be happy with your success.  If that is at 195 lbs then so be it! 

Huney
on 7/28/12 8:22 am
Great Job!
(deactivated member)
on 7/28/12 8:26 am - Oshawa, ON, Canada
VSG on 01/28/13
You look great!!
loverofcats
on 7/28/12 8:48 am
 Congratulations on your success!!! Wishing you the best on your continued journey.

gail
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

Most Active
Recent Topics