Hot Dogs

teacher071
on 7/4/12 2:35 am, edited 7/4/12 3:18 am - TX
 I would just say no. They are loaded with  salt and all kinds of "goal killers" as I like to think of them. I have tried them a couple of times without a bun and did not have a happy time afterwards,

Stick to that muscle milk and yogurt. When everyone else has eaten themselves into a food coma, you'll be feeling like a million bucks. 

:)
A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.     
HW:331  SW: 319   CW: 262  GW: 170 (or less...we'll see)
doggz109
on 7/4/12 2:41 am - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
I eat the occaisonal "uncured" all beef hot dog from Trader Joes but I am six months out and didn't have one until four months (and that was half).  I know its tough adjusting to your new normal but it is worth it.

Enjoy your protein shake and try to enjoy the day.  I know its tough but you can do it.  Hey at least you came on here BEFORE and looked for some advice rather than posting later........"hey guys I ate a hot dog today and now I feel like barf.....what do you think?"

You will do fine....just stick to the plan...new foods will open up before you know it.  Next July 4th you can have some ribs or something.

Chris Waffle
on 7/4/12 2:48 am - Cypress, CA
I thought this thread was called "Hot Dogs", not "Hot Doggz".

ZING!

Join me at #OH2013

HW: 375 SW: 295 CW: 195

I'm in it to win it!

Ariana_Rose
on 7/4/12 3:17 am - NJ
Should and could are two different things. Should you, no.. you shouldn't. Your sleeve is no where near being healed, you're only a week and a few days out. Could you, yeah, of course you could but you'll probably feel like total **** if you can even get it down. Think of everything you went through to get to this point, is it worth the risks.. probably not.
(deactivated member)
on 7/4/12 4:36 am
I had my first taste of a hot dog at 6 months out. I, too, was at a BBQ. It made me ill - seriously I felt like crap after about 2 bites, so I stopped. I think it's because it's not a "clean" food. It was too fatty, the texture was oh, so weird, and I just didn't like it. I felt like a kid. I wanted to spit it out and say it was YUCKY!

My advice though is to follow your plan. If it's okay on your plan, fine. If you are on full liquids or purees, I would advise you not to eat one. Your choice.
bluemems
on 7/4/12 4:37 am - NJ
VSG on 04/30/12
I'm 2 months out and still will not try steak or hot dogs as I hear they are the hardest to get down.  I eat fish, chicken, lean pork.  Today our BBQ is geared toward me, which is what most of our meals are - and it is healthier for my entire family.  We are having steamed shrimp, grilled fish (freshly caught by my wonderful hubby) and some seasoned potatoes.  My friend is brining chicken kabobs and a fruit paltter - and I have a watermelon for later.  All things I can have a little of each of.  I am cooking corn on the cob for my husband and daughter, but none for me today and I'm OK with that.  I'll have peas or grean beans instead.  Nothing says a BBQ has to be hamburgers and hot dogs.... Enjoy all! 

fireman441
on 7/4/12 4:50 am - CT
VSG on 03/26/12
 hello, now steak is so much more  easy for me ,,more the chicken,i do fish almost as good .

louisamay
on 7/4/12 7:47 am
VSG on 04/27/12
I have no probs with steak if it's med-rare to rare (the way I like it).  The more done it is the dryer and more difficult to deal with.  Chicken, on the other hand, is often dry enough to be more problematical.  I can eat it w/o prbs, but I definitely have to chew longer and wait longer between bites, and just don't like the dry texture.

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

Soon_to_be_skinny_S
tacie

on 7/4/12 5:30 am - MA
VSG on 04/17/12
You do NOT want the "hot dog foamies"

Take it from me who has endured the "lobster foamies". Bad enough you feel terrible and are foaming at the mouth, it TASTES like the culprit food.

Oh God, I'm getting nauseous just thinking about it.

Most Active