I am SO rockin' this maintenance that I'm not in....

Lee ~
on 6/20/12 4:01 pm - CA
 Happy Birthday!  This coming year just has to be better.

Sending hugs your way.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

MILLERSDAUGHTER
on 6/21/12 3:18 am - Lewisport, KY
VSG on 04/07/11 with
Thanks for the BD wishes.

I am in AWE of you too!

The past year was good too but I hope this upcoming year is devoid of as many challenges!
     Never, never, never give up!
...though she be but little, she is FIERCE...
A Midsummer Night's Dream
Greg M.
on 6/20/12 5:40 pm, edited 6/20/12 10:58 pm - Cincinnati, OH
Your life is not boring, that's for sure. I wouldn't worry too much about this plateau that you're on. I was on a plateau for almost 3 months so I understand your frustration! Considering that you haven't gained weight with everything that is going on, I think that you're doing great.

For me, it's vital that I track every bite that I put in my mouth. I use myfitnesspal.com and love that site. It's very easy to use and extremely versatile! How ever you do it, don't give up, do what you know works for you and keep at it. When you reach your goal it will be worth all of the effort.

Your life is already so much better than it was before, so enjoy the ride as much as getting to your destination. Good luck and stay strong!

Greg

Lapband 12/11/08 - Slip 6/16/09 - 2nd Slip & Removal 8/3/09...Sleeve 12/22/11

MILLERSDAUGHTER
on 6/21/12 3:26 am - Lewisport, KY
VSG on 04/07/11 with
No...my life is not boring.  Never has been.  If you only knew.......
I'm one of those people that no matter how much I try to be good and mind my own business, things just seem to HAPPEN to me.

I know the stress has not helped.  The whole stress response--cortisol release--fat retention cycle was going strong for me.  That's also probably why I have a "muffin top" for the first time in my life.  The damn thing just won't go away!  It is shifting and changing shape but it's there.

I did track every morsel with MFP for the first 8-9 months and need to start doing that again.  It worked before.

You are so very right about my life being better.  If I never lose another pound, I have still gained so much.  I feel 20 years younger and am no longer afraid of dying young.  I was literally digging my own grave with a knife and fork.

Thanks for the support.
Pkrplyr777
on 6/20/12 8:26 pm - CT
Wow, you have had a lot on your plate.

I'd vent too. I'd probably whine quite a bit as well.

I think when things settle down a bit you will be able to get the weight loss moving again. You obviously know what to do.

I like the fitbit especially when I'm trying to determine how much exersize I'm getting from yard work. It tracks your steps etc. Really puts that kind of activity into a measurable thing.

Good luck to you.

By the way, I'm 51 too.
Happy Birthday to you.
donna
  HW/233 *  SW/212 * CW/133 *GW/132 * 100 Pounds of FAT gone FOREVER!

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple~Dr.Suess            
MILLERSDAUGHTER
on 6/21/12 3:32 am - Lewisport, KY
VSG on 04/07/11 with
I've tossed around the fitbit idea but don't want to shell out the dough.  Maybe I should rethink that.....

I do whine some but mostly to my dog......I try not to whine to my husband because I'm trying to convince him to have a VSG.

'61 was a good year--we are proof!

Thanks for the encouragement.
Wildoatslady
on 6/20/12 9:36 pm
WOW, with that much stress it is wonderful you are maintaining. hang in there we will all be cheering you on!
StartWeight:264
Surgery date 11/23        
MILLERSDAUGHTER
on 6/21/12 3:36 am - Lewisport, KY
VSG on 04/07/11 with
Thanks for the support.

I can hear the cheers!

FYI...I started my WLS journey with Dr. Weiss (had all the testing, etc) but couldn't follow through because I found out my insurance wouldn't pay.  I am no glad that I had the surgeon I did but I really liked Dr. Weiss.  He's easy on the eyes too!

You must be a Kentucky girl (or nearby at least).....
momsy55
on 6/20/12 10:10 pm - ME
Happy Birthday to You!!

I have to say that I'm very impressed that you were able to get through all of the stress you've experienced in the past few months and maintained your weight!  Shows you have the strength to not revert to old habits when things get tough.  Good for you!  I think others have posted some good ideas, so I won't repeat them.  Just good luck and we're pulling for you!

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

MILLERSDAUGHTER
on 6/21/12 3:39 am - Lewisport, KY
VSG on 04/07/11 with
Thanks bunches.

Don't get me wrong....I've been a baaaad girl a few times and eaten some things I shouldn't.  But I paid for it (reactive hypoglycemia is a B*TCH) and did my best to get back on track with the next food I put in my mouth.

It is a daily struggle to make the right choices.

I am so fortunate to have so many "friends" here on OH!
Most Active
Recent Topics