I am SO rockin' this maintenance that I'm not in....

MILLERSDAUGHTER
on 6/20/12 1:49 pm - Lewisport, KY
VSG on 04/07/11 with
Yep.  I'm in maintenance.  But I'm not.

I have lost 12 pounds in the last 6 months but nothing in the last 8 weeks.  I still have about 36 pounds to go. However, upping carbs, keeping carbs under 40, exercising, not exercising, 100 oz fluids in versus barely 64 oz in.......my weight has fluctuated less than a pound.

However, I have not been logging my food like I should.
I haven't been exercising consistently and when I do, I haven't been killing myself.
I haven't been getting enough sleep.
Like a dumb ass, I realized yesterday that for some time (not sure how long) I have been putting ONE scoop of protein powder in my daily shakes instead of TWO so I've not been getting near the protein I thought I was.  Don't know why I did that.  I think because I use two different kinds of powder (one takes 1 scoop, the other takes 2 scoops) I just got mixed up.

I also think that because I am comfortable at this weight, I can easily find clothes to fit, my energy level is great, am so active and busy,  and have had so many life events get in the way, I have really lost focus.

In the last 6 months:
--(Jan) My Dad was hospitalized and sick for over a month.  I had a wreck and totaled my car.  I was pretty sore for a while and unable to exercise like I wanted.
--(Feb) I worked 60 hour weeks all month.  Exercise?
--(Mar) My husband and I had a marital crisis (I posted about that back then)
--(April)  A friend of my husband's was killed in a plane crash.  I was in the ER three times in April passing kidney stones.
--(May)  I had a breast cancer scare and my daughter who is currently single, has 4 kids and has had a tubal ligation, found out she was pregnant and two weeks later had a miscarriage.

None of these are excuses.  I just haven't been beating myself up for not losing like I'd like to do.  I get really discouraged when I see posts of people that have already lost 100 lbs or more and are less than a year out.  But then, I fell good for them and forgive myself.  I haven't given up or totally blown it, I just have been hanging on, trying to maintain my loss and not back slide.

I don't eat junk.  Most days, I get my protein and fluids in.  I consciously stay away from carbs.  If I go over my carb limit, it's with fresh fruits and veggies.

Although I'm not doing structured exercise like running or going to the gym, I come home every day and work out in my yard--watering, weeding, mowing---doing something physical.  Every weekend, I'm outside working like a man.  We recently put in a retaining wall and I helped dig the footer.  I was out there matching every shovel full that my husband dug.  I hung in there with him for the whole job.  We also have done a huge amount of landscaping.  It's amazing what can be done when you aren't carrying around an extra 100 lbs.

I'm not looking for sympathy or advice.  I guess I just needed to vent. Sometimes, things just seem clearer when they are put down in black and white.

I know what to do.  Hopefully there won't be any disasters so  can focus on ME again and get the rest of this weight off.

Oh and today is my 51 st birthday.  I don't think I've done too bad for a broad over 50! 

From now on I am just....going...to...DO IT!!!
     Never, never, never give up!
...though she be but little, she is FIERCE...
A Midsummer Night's Dream
Barbara W.
on 6/20/12 2:09 pm - Upland, CA
VSG on 05/23/12
You have had a lot on your plate.  Go ahead and vent.  I am
surprised you are able to hold onto your sanity.  Kidney
stones is one thing that concerns me.  I am currently in week 5
and my loss is extremely slow.  It is depressing.  Things will
get better.  I am surprised your energy level is high.  I wouldn't
have any energy at this point.  Bless your heart for hanging in
there.

MILLERSDAUGHTER
on 6/21/12 3:04 am - Lewisport, KY
VSG on 04/07/11 with
Thanks for the kind words.

My urologist and primary doc say that the weight loss/diet did not cause my stones because of their make up.  For me, it was genetics and luck that it hadn't happened already.

My energy level is out the roof.  I can tolerate the heat soooo much more now.  I can work outside right alongside my adult sons and husband and sometimes even outdo them!
(deactivated member)
on 6/20/12 2:14 pm
Vent away!  I know it helps me a great deal to just write this stuff down.  Hugs to you.
MILLERSDAUGHTER
on 6/21/12 3:06 am - Lewisport, KY
VSG on 04/07/11 with
Thanks Elina!  You are one of my WL heros.

I think I was a little gloomy and reflective on my birthday.
acbbrown
on 6/20/12 2:56 pm - Granada Hills, CA
 Wow - you have been through wayyy too much. I have to say - for me, if I could walk away from all of that and say I maintained - I'd be declaring VICTORY. I'm not sure I could do it. So, CONGRATS to you. 

But, when you feel like you have the energy to buckle down, I highly recommend tracking every bite you put in your mouth for a month, and looking at your calories/carbs/protein counts for that month to get a baseline of where you need to start from in terms of weight loss. You will either need to from there -1) decrease cals, or 2) increase exercise or 3) a combo of both.  It's hard once you get closer to goal - trust me, im battling to lose even a 1lb right now. 

Make sure to take care of yourself though. You have done fantastic, and you will get to goal, sooner or later - but you will!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

MILLERSDAUGHTER
on 6/21/12 3:13 am - Lewisport, KY
VSG on 04/07/11 with
Thanks so much.....like Elina, you are one of my WL heroes!  I really, really admire your dedication to exercise.

I am terribly anal retentive (or have OCD or something) and during my first 8 - 9 months, I obsessively (and honestly) documented everything in MFP.  I also had a spreadsheet with my weights, measurements, daily cal, exercise, labs, etc.  But....life got in the way, I got complacent that I could "keep it in my head".......

I want to get back into running.  I am going to have to MAKE the time and just do it despite the hellacious summer heat.  I have a treadmill the basement so the heat is no excuse.

I agree....I'll get to goal eventually.  On the upside, this stall has really helped my skin!  :  )
(deactivated member)
on 6/20/12 3:24 pm
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Sounds like you needed to vent! You've been through an awful lot in the last 6 months. Glad you're getting back on track! Congrats!
MILLERSDAUGHTER
on 6/21/12 3:14 am - Lewisport, KY
VSG on 04/07/11 with
Thanks for the BD wishes and the support.

I am in AWE of your success!
(deactivated member)
on 6/21/12 5:44 am
You are too swee! Thanks for your kind words.

I've done nothing extraordinary: just follow the basic 600-800 calorie, low carb diet plan and exercise for an hour 4 days a week (sometimes 5) . Easy to follow. 
Most Active
Recent Topics