A big thank you, and a little extra help?

4evercaligrl
on 6/14/12 5:36 pm
 First of all, I really wanted to thank everyone that tried to help me with my last desperate post.  This week I was extremely diligent about keeping to less than 40 grams of carbs and I have finally broken my 7 week horribly painful stall! I hope this continues, but so far I have been losing about .5 per day and I will take it.  In fact, I will take any loss after all this time...
So, now that I have been eating the same foods for the last week to try to keep the carbs down, I'm getting pretty bored.  Any advice on good food with very few carbs? After all my vit and supplements I really only have about 30 grams and it goes really quick! 

Thanks again!

hwag5149
on 6/14/12 5:45 pm
What are you eating right now?

HW 380.8+  SW- 371.4  CW- 234.4  GW- 200 

4evercaligrl
on 6/15/12 1:42 am
 Breakfast: string cheese or Greek yogurt (plain with Splenda, crystal light)
Lunch: either canned tuna or canned salmon.  One time this week I had tofu veggie meat slices.  I will also have a some low card veggies with this - usu lettuce, a couple cherry tomatoes, and a 1/2 Persian cucumber.
Dinner: 2-3 oz baked chicken on top of shredded lettuce
Snacks- PB2. Cheese sticks, iced lattes

hwag5149
on 6/15/12 2:35 am
You could follow some people on myfitnesspal and also look at the "Whatcha eating today" threads.

Turkey or beef jerky, though it does have a few carbs. You could o some protein shakes since your goal is to get these few pounds off, any kind of meat in every form, pollo asado is good. egg salad, make your tuna salad better by putting onions and celery in it, deli meat slices, there is bread from Julian's Bakery that is high in protein and low carbs. You may be able to use that to "spice" up your food life. You can use eggs in a lot of different ways. There is an egg "muffin" recipe here where you put eggs and sausage crumbles and some other things in muffin pans. I'm a cheese ***** so put cheese on stuff to change the taste. Uhm they have turkey sausage and turkey bacon. You can eat hamburger patties... There's a ton of things you can eat. Depending on the amount you're eating you can easily stay within your calorie goals as well.

Everyone talks about EggFace's blog. I looked a few times but it was difficult to navigate so I didn't use it again but a lot of people swear by it. Ohh, do some things with shrimp. I used to get a bag of frozen shrimp and just eat them thawed. Thare recipes out there of breaded chicken, fish, shrimp, whatever using pork rinds. Of course the protein in pork rinds doesnt count towards protein goals but it still keeps it low carb. There is something called "oopsie bread" which is basically the same idea as "cream cheese pancakes."

Use the search bar on OH to look up low carb recipes. People post things a lot.

HW 380.8+  SW- 371.4  CW- 234.4  GW- 200 

Bufflehead
on 6/15/12 2:19 am - TN
VSG on 06/19/13
ostrim meat sticks (80 cal/2 carbs/14 g protein/1 g fat)
hard boiled eggs
berries mixed with cottage cheese
edamame snacks