Surgery Complications Update

Cajun_Lady1029
on 5/25/12 5:06 am - VA
Revision on 04/16/12

Well gang,
As I've stated before, this whole process is NOTwhat I signed up for. I feel ok most days, but still fighting the exhaustion. (getting dressed makes me feel like I should be getting a gold medal or something!) The nausea sucks big time. I'm on IV fluids as well as IV nutrtion (TPN) everyday until we can get the nausea under control.

I started at 291 on day of surgery and as of this morning I'm down to 263.  The way I see it, progress is progress. Family and friends risk their lives daily reminding me that 1 year from now I will not be this pissed off. Ok fine, I'll give them that, but even the most perkiest individual has the right to tell the world kiss my ass, this isn't what it was supposed to be like!!!!

Having said that, I do try to maintain my sense of humor, all though right now it's a little worn out.  I haven't been on the boards very often and I'm missing everyone. So I've promised myself a little extra puter time to hang out with my OH fam and get the support  I need to make it through this. Well, that's it for now. I'm going read my "Why did I do this to myself" list for reminders.

Toni    HW:293  CW:287  SW:TBD  GW:140

"Obstacles are the frightful things you see when you take your eyes of your goal" Henry Ford    
slimpickins5280
on 5/25/12 5:11 am - CO

Sorry it sucks so much for you Cajun Lady. I must've missed the post about what happened to you. A leak?

You might be pissed, but you had me laughing at the computer with this - "Family and friends risk their lives daily reminding me that 1 year from now I will not be this pissed off."

*hugs* I hope you feel better real soon.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

Cajun_Lady1029
on 5/26/12 7:36 am - VA
Revision on 04/16/12
Hey Slim!
Glad I can make you laugh :)!  I had a pretty severe allergic reaction from the lapband and a LOT of scar tissue.  It took 2 surgies, each one week apart.  Now I'm home and sleeved, but nothing has been the way it was planned.  I haven't been able to follow the food plan because absolutely NOTHING stays down.  I have a picc line in my upper arm that I receive nutrition, fluids and meds through.  Energy is non existent at this time and I just try to move around as much as possible when I get any little bursts of energy. It does get a little better  each day, but at this point, I truly thought I would be re introducing regular foods and physically more active.
So far we've found no leaks or strictures, just an great deal of swelling.  Next week we're doing and EGD to make sure everything is as it should be.

Having you guys on here is truly a life saver because my family and friends, although trying to be helpful, really don't have a clue!!!!!!!
Toni    HW:293  CW:287  SW:TBD  GW:140

"Obstacles are the frightful things you see when you take your eyes of your goal" Henry Ford    
(deactivated member)
on 5/25/12 5:13 am
VSG on 10/18/12
May God bless you, and carry you through these difficult times. I am so very sad to hear this, but will keep you in both my thoughts and prayers. God bless you, and Godspeed for a swift recovery.

E.T.A I had a friend that was sick for about a year after her RNY and she told me even though she lost a year of her life...she would rather sacrifice one year than to lose her whole being. She was so sure without WLS her life would end soon. I have never forgotten those words, and will remember them forever. Take care!
pcannedy
on 5/25/12 5:59 am - Sacramento, CA
I am so sorry that you are having difficulty with your surgery.  It will get better, I promise.  Being on OH helps so much.  Hope you can get off the IVs soon.  What is the dr saying about the timeframe?

Here to help you... 

ready2sleeve
on 5/25/12 6:00 am - CA
Hi CajunLady,

Hang in there I was in your position 15 months ago, I had the home health nurse and all, it gets better everyday. At 4 and a half weeks out I could not keep anything down not even water. I was so weak, the color green, and miserable. Did I have buyers remorse that was an understatement. But I just stayed positive that if I can get through this I will be just fine. We did this for a better us. I had no strictures or leaks just lots of inflammation. It will get better just hold on to that.

Carla

Pre-op: 320, SW: 298, CW 194,  Doctors goal 180,  My GW 160   
Could_It_Be
on 5/25/12 6:07 am
   Hang in there lady!

VSG on 6/22/11
Jaybee766
on 5/25/12 6:24 am - Silver Spring, MD
VSG on 02/27/12 with
We're here for you and with you even when you take a break from us!  Remember that sister-friend.  Hang in there.  Cry and curse and scream when you need to.  I understand and don't blame you.  Just be sure you get up and dust yourself off and keep going ok?  We need you in our OH family ok?   
Jeanne 

Height 5'7"   HW: 314     SW: 293

EMMAVSG1
on 5/25/12 9:21 am
im so sorry your having a bad experience , your always in my prayers i read your posts before and your always in my prayers.

lucy2e
on 5/25/12 10:46 am - Laurel, MD
Prayers and happy thoughts headed your way!  It will get better - and I hope it happens quickly for you! 

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

Most Active
Recent Topics