4 months out and 17lbs to goal and worried!!

traciez
on 5/18/12 8:23 am - OK
VSG on 01/17/12
Ok so yes i am so excited about my weight loss and it feels amazing but i never thought i would be afraid of losing to much to fast... i had surgery january 17th and i have lost 72 lbs... my dietician has even upped my food intake and honestly i just cant get it in... i have little to no desire to eat anymore =( i have even found myself eating some crap food and carbs to try and slow the weightloss but it doesnt change anything... has anyone else ever had this happen??? Thanks in advanced! 
             Tracie
~*Lifes a garden, dig it*~

(deactivated member)
on 5/18/12 8:51 am
Will you share some stats with me, how tall are you?  How many calories and carbs are you eating right now? I will be in a better place to give advice if I know the answer to these questions.
SassyItalian
on 5/18/12 8:55 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis

You are going to be fine. The best thing you can do is just go with it. You arent going to waste away to skin and bones, your body is going to adjust and your loss will slow so make the most of this time of increased losing. Losing slower will not make much difference in skin, hair loss, etc. What is going to happen is going to happen so dont fight it.

There were time I was worried about losing too quickly and so I snacked on some junk, but its not a habit I wanted to continue. Its a slippery slope sometimes.

You cannot force yourself to eat more than your stomach can hold but you can eat more calorie dense food if you are concerned.  If you want to add calories eat some avocado or peanut butter or add in some healthy fats in the form of oils.

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

Happy966
on 5/18/12 10:30 pm

I will defer to the vets in terms of evaluating your food plan, but I just wanted to say I can *completely* freak out when losing weight.  I essentially plateaued for in the low 190s for 5 or 6 weeks then I've lost 12 pounds in three weeks.  Complete freak out time!  It helps for me to recognize that sometimes it's just plain frightening to get smaller, and to tell myself I will get used to it.  Good luck!!

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

Most Active
Recent Topics