Clear Liquid Protein Supplement?

RockinMama
on 5/15/12 6:40 am - Cordele, GA
VSG on 07/09/12
My surgery isn't until July, but I am trying to educate myself about aftercare.  The plan my dr gave states that I need to drink a clear liquid protein supplement daily for week one along with water, broth, etc....  I've tried to find clear liquid protein online, but none look clear.  Suggestions?
  5'7 CW:  306 SW: 300        
gabriellaz
on 5/15/12 6:46 am - CA
VSG on 07/02/12

HOW ABOUT ISOPURE?

labrat46
on 5/15/12 6:47 am
You can find Isopure at GNC
aliceinwonder
on 5/15/12 6:51 am - AZ
VSG on 05/28/12
I am also doing the same. Here is what I have found:

Try GNC, Vitamin Warehouse or similar.  If you are comfortable, let them know that you are a pre-op and what you are looking for. Everyone has been very helpful for me and knowledgeable.

GNC carries ISOPURE. It is 0 carbs and 40 grams of protein. It's like $5.00 a bottle, but you are only on it for 3 weeks and this is the majority of the protein you will be consuming during that time. Especially, during the first clear phase. 

Another product I found at a local health food store is New Whey Liquid Protein. 42g of protein and 2 carbs.  It comes in a test tube like jar. 

Online, try www.unjury.com  They have a sample pack you can buy with protein shakes and powdered soups that can be used during the clear phase.  Another great website is www.bariatricpantry.com 

I hope this helps,

Allie A.
on 5/15/12 9:58 am, edited 5/15/12 9:58 am - Canada
Proti-diet makes gelatin based drink mix. It's fruit flavored syrup that you mix with water. They have great flavours like tropical punch, grape, orange, green tea cranberry. They also come in great indicidual packets. I keep a couple at my desk, one in my purse and some at my boyfriends. Initially I could drink 2 a day easily.

I had some pretty bad powdered "fruit style" drinks. Just stay away from them.
Cortnee Z.
on 5/15/12 10:02 am - Murrieta, CA
VSG on 04/04/12
I have tried Isopure (the best IMO) and proti and they are both good options!

Good luck!
Cortnee 

"Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn" Harriet Beecher Stowe

Blog: 
http://mysleeveandme.blogspot.com     MFP: CortneeZ
RockinMama
on 5/15/12 10:06 am - Cordele, GA
VSG on 07/09/12
Thanks everyone!  I will try all of them.  I think I should buy samples now.  I am sooo excited!
CincySlvd
on 5/15/12 12:05 pm - OH
VSG on 04/24/12
I've been drinking an Isopure every day since my surgery since it counts as 40 grams of protein and 20 ounces of liquid.  When you buy them by the case they are much cheaper ($44 for 12 vs $5 each).  I figure I was spending about that on a cup of coffee everyday that I tastes horrible to me know, so why not drink something that is good and full of protein.

Watch out though, some of the Isopure have carbs, some don't.  The bottles look the same, the flavors are the same, just check the nutrition label.

Good luck on your prepping!
Most Active