Got the ok from my doctor

JodiLynn80
on 5/15/12 12:31 am, edited 5/15/12 12:33 am - Whitehall, PA
VSG on 10/15/12
I had my doctor's appointment on friday to discuss the sleeve. I was preparing for the worst and her telling me I wasn't a candidate but she agreed I was! We compared the sleeve to the more invasive bypass. We also discussed the 6 months of meetings I would be attending.
Well, I called and signed up for my first meeting on the 29th and I am excited to get the ball rolling! Thank you all for your kind and supportive words. This is going to be a long journey I think I am ready to take!

Jodi
Whitehall, PA

Angel1974
on 5/15/12 2:55 am
VSG on 06/04/12
 GOOD FOR YOU!! I do have a personal questions.  Have you done any supervise weight loss program in the last 6 months? because if you did, that counts as part of your 6 months.  The reason I started the process i thought i was going to have to do six full months.  I turns out that I had 6 months between weigh****chers, my primary doctor, and the surgeon visits.

Follow my progress on my youtube channel
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCARrPUdk_U

JodiLynn80
on 5/15/12 3:10 am - Whitehall, PA
VSG on 10/15/12
THANK YOU :) and Congrats on your weight loss and surgery!

Yes, I have been on Weigh****chers. I first attended meetings from April until Dec of 2011. I stopped and started up again but with WW online from February 2012 and currently. I have been journaling and keeping track although it's been really bothering me that the weight wasn't coming off and that's what led me here.
Thanks again and good luck with your journey!

Jodi
Whitehall, PA

Angel1974
on 5/15/12 3:57 am, edited 5/15/12 3:58 am
VSG on 06/04/12
Angel1974
on 5/15/12 4:02 am, edited 5/15/12 4:03 am
VSG on 06/04/12
 I think you have your six months.  If you have your WW weight in book, take that along with your WW online print out to your surgeon see what they said.  I think you are set for your surgery.

Follow my progress on my youtube channel
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCARrPUdk_U

JodiLynn80
on 5/15/12 4:49 am - Whitehall, PA
VSG on 10/15/12
I may and may not :(
I still have my weigh-in booklet and my online info but I may still have to go through other evaluations. My doctor is linked through my local hospital that has the weight managment center that does the surgery. The meeting are given 2-3 a month and all must attend with one of the handful of doctors that perform the surgery. I also have to be trained to eat, drink, etc. So it's unclear if doing ww would speed it up.
That would be fabulous if that's the case  

Jodi
Whitehall, PA

Most Active