Fallen and need help up!!!

Inikah J.
on 5/15/12 12:56 am - Houston, TX

I have gotten off my healthy eating severly!! I have gained 10lbs and I can feel them! Please help me get back on my path! I was doing so well. Then life set in. I have a good life kids are good, new man is great however my eating and exercise has fallen to the wayside!!! I just need some tips and pointers on how to start back up right and get back on track.....I now have 40lbs to lose and I need to have it gone by August (my birthday)!

acbbrown
on 5/15/12 1:07 am - Granada Hills, CA
I would encourage you to step back and change your focus - it looks like your motivation is your birthday, and while I get that, I think you need to look at the bigger picture - you have 40 lbs to lose and a life time to try and maintain that weight loss.

You need to find your fire - and a birthday is a very short lived motivator, and not a very powerful one when you are faced with all the temptations. You have to start setting up some life style changes - and move away from "diet mentality".

Make a list of the reasons why you stopped losing and gained 10 lbs - did you start eating out more, portions grow larger, eating fast food, eating carb snacks, drinking soda/alcohol, stopped exercising? Get your new man to help you come up with a plan to get away from those bad habits (its much easier when they are on your side and willing to help you!) Get your plan together, set some non-scale related goals, and get to work.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Inikah J.
on 5/15/12 1:51 am - Houston, TX

It was the carbs and snacks with little to no everyday exercise.  Thanks for the information. I know this is not a quick fix but will do what needs to be done because I did not go through this surgery for no reason. 

dollbaby1978
on 5/15/12 1:22 am - Richmond, TX
OMG I just posted almost the same thing!!! I will be anxiously awaiting the replys to this~! Good luck im right there with you

Kellee
felicity2u
on 5/15/12 2:00 am - LA
The main thing is, is that you have to want to lose it. We can tell you a thousand times over the same 600-800 calories, at least 64oz of water, 72+g of protein or more, and no more than 45 carbs a day but unless you have set your mind to staying on track and losing, it won't work. Go back to basics, throw out all the snacks in the house and start like it's the beginning all over again. Good luck to you!

If you fear nothing, then you love nothing. If you love nothing, what joy can there be in life?
                       VSG-3/3/2011 HW-308 SW-298 CW-152 GW-160
                                                156LBS. LOST

favrow812
on 5/15/12 2:03 am - Olathe, KS
VSG on 02/20/12
get back to BASICS girl! You can do this!

There is only one success--to be able to spend your life in your own way.

kimbethin
on 5/15/12 3:59 am - CA
How about adding more excercise while spending time with your famliy and new man?  Family zumba night at your place or hiking with him as a date instead of out for dinner or lunch?  Take the focus off of food and put it on physical activity.
putting one foot in front of the other...        
HowieG
on 5/15/12 5:25 am
VSG on 03/28/12
The best solution I have is back to basics. You know what to do, you have done it successfully in the past. You can do it again. Throw out any food that gets in your way
To infinity and beyond - I have an ongoing blog Pre -> Post - Feel free to drop in 
                                  http://howiegordonadaped.blogspot.com/ 

Feather_Fluff
on 5/15/12 6:25 am - San Francisco, CA
VSG on 02/15/12
No one will rescue you--it's all up to you.  I know that when I am caught up in a similiar spiral, the best thing I can do it first take responsibilty.  But the key is to do it without judging yourself.  We are all here, living a human experience and we do the best we can.  Anything beyond taking full responsiblilty are excuses.  Then have compassion for yourself.  I know when I am hard on myself, it is very self-defeating.  I am learning that it is not about perfection, but about the process.  it's about what we chose to do and how we chose to be along this journey.  When I get caught up in judging myself, it creates unnecessary stress for me.  I recognize that stress is what causes me to make poor choices.  High expectations causes me to make poor choices as well.  That's where having compassion for yourself is very important.  Accepting yourself in those tough times helps.  Then what I have am learning is to recognizing when I am going into overwhelm.  Try addressing the changes you want to make in small steps, with the awareness that it is leading up to your goals.  Also, view your 'failures' as learning opportunities--so many of us get stuck in failure--myself included.  Are you able to focus on the wins you have had along the way and recall how you felt?  Do you journal or keep track of any of your successes?  Reminding yourself of them may help.  Personally, I have found all of what I am sharing with you to be what I am learning along the way.  I have my own challenges--I was speaking today with my dietician that perhaps there is some part of me that afraid of succeedng, that as I reach certain goals 'sabatoges' my efforts.  What I am trying to share is that sometimes, it may not be a practical solution that it may require some inner reflection and once you are truly clear on what the cause it--that is the point of empowerment because you can then come up with or seek a solution.    I don't speak from a place of knowing it all--hardly, I can only speak from my own perspective/experience/ and continued learning.  Sometimes it's really hard making the proper choices.  Don't panic, slow down, deep breaths, reflect, set a plan in place and then do it.  You will be back to where you want to be--it's within you to do it!  We have faith in you--now have faith in yourself, okay?  Best wishes!

Inikah J.
on 5/15/12 6:56 am - Houston, TX
Thank you all I found my food list so I am going to do just that going back to the basics and understanding that I am not perfect and Feather_Fluff thanks for your words! I have sabatoged a lot of things in my life but will not add this one to the collection.  Thanks again