Rhearob is a Genius!

econtiff
on 5/12/12 9:12 am - FL
VSG on 04/24/12
 Gotta give a shout out. There was a discussion about what to put your chicken salad on and he suggested Parmesan crisps.

So, today, I was at Wal-mart (yea, I am a dumbass, again. Stupid Target was too far. I almost hit a couple of women for being rude after I said excuse me and they ignored me. I may or may not have flipped off someone. I blame it on the lack of carbs.) I was looking in all places I knew of that would have Parmesan crisps. I have worked at Wal-mart twice in my life so I'm pretty familar with the way they categorize things. We get to the bakery and I tell hubby, go get in line and let me check out this exotic cheese case. Well I found some crisps that were actual whole grain crackers. 7g carbs per 9 crackers. Pretty exciting, right? 

Then I saw them! One, lone box of Parmesan crisps hidden behind other crackers. Less than 1g carbs and (I think) 7g of protein per 3 crackers!!! 

So they're a little expensive, but hell, I eat 2tbs of food at a time!! I got some spinach and artichoke dip made with cream cheese from the deli section and was set. (2g carbs per 2tbs)

These things are delicious. I had 2 crisps and 1tbs of the spin dip for a snack today. 

Thank you Rhearob for the suggestion! I am so excited to have cripsy crunchy back in my life!

justeric78
on 5/12/12 9:30 am - Houston, TX
 There is believe it or not an ice cream shop called Brahms that sells a low carb bread that is only 5 net a slice. I only found it recently after trying many many different low carb alternatives and it is the only one I will eat from now on. Sadly since there are none in South Texas I have to have the in-laws from KS. send it to me. If you are able check it out..it is really good!

natalie37
on 5/12/12 9:33 am - Advance, NC
Revision on 03/28/12
What's the brand name for the parmesan crisps?
Natalie
econtiff
on 5/12/12 9:41 am - FL
VSG on 04/24/12
 Kitchen Table Bakers
natalie37
on 5/12/12 11:49 pm - Advance, NC
Revision on 03/28/12
Thanks!!
Natalie
TNERNURSE
on 5/12/12 9:55 am

I will put the parmesan crisp on my Wal-mart list. I also miss something crunchy once in a while. Found a recipe for avocado dip on the eggface website. Calls for cottage cheese, plain greek yorgut and 1/2 avocado...so it is high in protein. Serve  with cucumber slices or the crisp would be yummy. 

econtiff
on 5/12/12 10:06 am - FL
VSG on 04/24/12
 Good call on the cucumber slices! I haven't tried them yet because I am a little unsure about the seeds. Others on the forum said to stay away from the strawberry seeds for 6 weeks so I'm trying to be cognizant of all seeds. lol. 

I was thinking carrots and hummus. Even though carrots are a little higher in carbs, I can't eat enough to get the count very high. lol
Chalk
on 5/12/12 10:26 am - TN
VSG on 01/09/12

These are on my list for my next order from Netrition. Here's the link....they have different flavors. Excellent reviews.

http://www26.netrition.com/cgi/prices.cgi?manu_id=397

Pre-Op Weight Loss 20 lbs ~~~~~ Surgery Weight 289

Goal weight 180  ~~~~~~  6'0"

Month 1 (21 lbs) ~~~ Month 2 (10 lbs) ~~~ Month 3 (14 lbs) ~~~ Month 4 (12 lbs) ~~~ Month 5 (9 lbs) ~~~ Month 6 (11 lbs) ~~~ Month 7 (10 lbs) ~~~~ Month 8 (8 lbs) ~~~ Month 9 (9 lbs) ~~~ Month 10 (6 lbs)

Goal Reached in 10 months  

melly37
on 5/12/12 10:34 am - Rio Rancho, NM
VSG on 04/03/12
I did a search on Kitchen Table Baker's website and it doesn't show Wal-Mart in my area as having them.    I will look anyway, this sounds heavenly.  

LapBand Surgery 01/10/08, Revison to Sleeve 04/03/12

econtiff
on 5/12/12 10:43 am - FL
VSG on 04/24/12
 They have them on Amazon but they were actually more expensive. Subscribe and save gets you to about the same price, though. 
Most Active
Recent Topics