Back From The Hospital...

Ulysses
on 5/9/12 8:41 am

Just giving an update on my 2nd surgery, hospital stay, organ removals, gowns, sponge bath square scrubs, tubes, drains etc.

First off, I had a 10 hour surgery, it was very long but was considered a success by my new surgeon. They cut my esophagus above the leak and fistula area and did the same to my stomach. Then they pulled the esophagus down, the stomach up an "reattached" them.

They did do a laproscopic and open surgery. It does hurt---a lot! I am still on no foods or liquid by mouth and that tube feeding is getting really old. Whats for breakfast, lunch and dinner tonight? Oh! It's that nasty ******g brown goop in a bag and a few Soni**** chips. YEAH!
I still have my spleen - thats a good thing.

They did two leak tests and NO LEAKS! As a precautionary the surgeon put in another esophageal stent. I have 3 drains and the feeding tube. My doc say's they should come out soon barring infection, etc.

I actually wore size large scrubs, and a normal gown---now that was cool. I had some very hot nurses in the ICU (2 days) and on the 6th floor with a great view of downtown. I talked up a nurse for 5-6 days, she gave me a sponge bath, took out my catheter and squeezed all my drains. Now if that doesn't put my mind at ease, nothing will. So, we exchanged phone #s, emails addresses and she called! Cool! She wants to come over, watch a DVD and check on my drains later this week. I will just have to say "Baby, be gentle with me!"

So all is well so far, thanks for the read my OH friends.
Cheers,
Jason
VSG Surgery on April 26th, 2011
"Get busy living…or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." ~ Red, The Shawshank Redemption   

onemoretry
on 5/9/12 8:49 am - GA
VSG on 03/21/12
Ulysses, I am sorry to hear that you had to go through another surgery. For some reason I thought you were recovering from the earlier leak. I pray that things get better for you soon. Keep us update.

HT: 5'4"      HW: 251  SW: 237  CW: 172 GW: 135 
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
"You can control how much water you drink, how much protein/carbs/cals you consume, and how much you exercise. FOCUS on those and not the scale, because no matter how hard we try, we do not control the scale." ~  acbbrown

slimpickins5280
on 5/9/12 9:15 am - CO
So glad you updated us, I was wondering how things went.

Way to hit on the hot nurse!

I sure a hell hope you smiled.

Seriously, I'm so glad things went well for you and I hope you have a quick recovery.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

Shagdoll
on 5/9/12 9:17 am
Wow Jason, you have certainly been through alot yet you havey lost your sense of humor it seems!
Yesterday someone posted asking about you but they didnt know your name. The post mentioned you were OH friends with "sassy Jen". I assumed they meant Jennchap. I remembered your post from 2 weeks ago & I remembered your avatar so I responded to the post with your user name & apparently I got your name right... So... People here are thinking of you!!!
Take care, I hope the worst is over for you so you can enjoy life & invite that hot nurse
Ms. Poker Face
on 5/9/12 9:18 am
Glad to hear your surgery was a success! Rest up and know that we're all pulling for a quick, full recovery for you!

Whoot!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

Shagdoll
on 5/9/12 9:20 am
OK! My darn post got cut off & I couldn't finish or even proof my post!!!
So I just wanted to finish that you can invite that hot nurse over for a movie night & well, who knows what else!!!
Anyhow... You have done awesome!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Jackie00
on 5/9/12 10:13 am
Glad to hear things are sounding good, you deserver the best treatment after everything you went through. Hope your date works out good.
Sleeved 15-Sept-2011 HW 294 Pre op weight 285 SW 279 GW 145?
Pre op 6 lbs lost, M1 - 23 lbs M2 - 11 lbs M3 - 12 M4 - 6 M5 -10 M6 -10 M7 -7 M8 - 4 M9 - 4
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

AllaP
on 5/9/12 11:11 am - Vaughan, Canada
 Enough is enough. You've been through so much stuff that it's even harg to imagin. I wish you a speedy recovery and a lot of health. 

Alla.

mame31
on 5/9/12 11:17 am - RI
VSG on 05/29/12
 Jason- sorry to hear you had to go through all of this. Hope you have a quick recovery.  Good luck with th nurse....it is National Nurse Week!

Mame31
frisco
on 5/9/12 2:46 pm

Dude..... workin the babes with drain tubes and all !!!

Impressive !!!

Hope all your issues are behind you....

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Most Active
Recent Topics