Uggh! First experience with stuck food!

Hope Y.
on 4/24/12 11:27 pm - Harrison, MI
VSG on 01/23/12
I guess I'm lucky that I'm 3 months out and just had my first sticking experience last night.  I had a few bites of chicken and on the third bite, I knew it was too dry before I swallowed but swallowed anyway, hoping....no luck!  It was a horrible feeling, nothing would make it go down, I went into the bathroom thinking I was going to vomit and no luck there.  The good news is it only took about 20 minutes or so for it to go down but not a fun 20 minutes at all!  On the upside, if this is the worst thing that has happened to me with my sleeve, after losing 73 pounds in 3 months, I'll take it!

Sleeved - 1/23/12       Starting weight - 331                  Current weight - 195  

LunaChic
on 4/25/12 1:37 am - Newark, NJ
VSG on 04/12/12
 I'm a brand new sleever.  In these cases is it ok to take a sip of water to help it go down?   Or would that make matters worse??

Just curious.  Seems like I never want to have a "stuck" experience.  So far I am very lucky to have had a smooth ride adjusting to my sleeve (granted I just started my mushies phase and have a long way to go). 

Sleeved on 4/12/2012

MyFitnessPal:  MissLunaChic      (Looking for friends - feel free to add me!)

Hope Y.
on 4/25/12 1:47 am - Harrison, MI
VSG on 01/23/12
I did take a few sips of water and it didn't seem to help; it actually made it hurt a little bit more, as it felt like there was nowhere for the water to go!  I don't know if more experienced people will have a different answer but if it happens again, I think I will just walk around for awhile, trying to stretch; that seemed to be the only thing that helped!

Sleeved - 1/23/12       Starting weight - 331                  Current weight - 195  

LunaChic
on 4/25/12 2:21 am - Newark, NJ
VSG on 04/12/12
 This is great info to know!   Thanks for the tip!   :)

By the way, 73 lbs in 3 months is absolutely amazing!  Congratulations!  I can only hope that I can do as well as you have once I have reached the 3 month mark.  I'm just shy of 2 weeks so I know I have a long way to go, but I know the time will fly by fast.  :)

Sleeved on 4/12/2012

MyFitnessPal:  MissLunaChic      (Looking for friends - feel free to add me!)

Tracasa
on 4/25/12 6:03 am
Ooooh I feel for you. Still after 5 months chicken is no go for me. Does not matter how it's cooked yuck and ouch! Lol bet you will have better luck wait another month and try again.

hoping2lose
on 4/25/12 6:39 am
VSG on 03/06/12
i've had the stuck feeling with chicken too.
water just makes it worse.
walking around seems to be the only thing to help.
everything else goes down ok, chicken isn't my friend yet...
Most Active
Recent Topics