100 Calorie Oreo Dip

ruggie
on 4/11/12 6:00 am - Sacramento, CA
I think they are telling you not to reward yourself with food because you said "EVERYONE DESERVES TO BE REWARDED EVERY NOW AND THEN" when you spoke about making your desert.  

That's generally one of the toughest habits to break - at least, speaking from my own experience, it was for me.  Pre-op, I used to reward myself all the time with food.  That was a bear to break that association.

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

emelar
on 4/11/12 6:09 am - TX
"EVERYONE DESERVES TO BE REWARDED EVERY NOW AND THEN."

That's exactly what I was referring to.  No, it wasn't in your original post, but I think it's very revealing about the way you think about food.  And, long-term, that kind of thinking will be trouble.

C. Harvey
on 4/11/12 8:37 am
VSG on 01/11/12
You don't know what or how I think...like I said if I wanted to eat junk food all the time I would have been doing it from the time I was cleared for solids...this was the first sweet I had eaten. I said my doctor said everyone deserves to be rewarded every now and then. Like I said you aren't in my head and you don't know how I think and I dare you judge me and say that since I think the way I am years from now I'm going to be fat again...because that's pretty much what that post you just posted intails. It's funny tho...I posted a pic of me after this thread and alot of the ones who have dissed on me over this stupid little recipe comment on the pic of me and told me good jod and I was doing so good at 'rockin my sleeve' so which is it? because apparently if I think of food the way you say I do then I couldn't be 'rockin my sleeve' as some put it!! You should never judge others. Because I'm sure that when you were overweight you didn't like it when others judged you...so don't judge someone who is on the same journey you are...do thingd your way and I'll do things mine.

sutherngrl94
on 4/11/12 5:36 am - Raleigh, NC
Everyone needs to take a deep breath.  We all have our trigger foods.  I haven't had my surgery yet and I have been thinking about what mine are so I can try to stay away from them.  Honestly, I would have just chosen to close the window if I saw this and it was a trigger for me; not berate the OP for putting it on here. 

We're all here for each other.  If you felt like responding then why not give her another alternative that worked for YOU instead of fussing at her for posting (which she has the right to do).

nicola3
on 4/11/12 5:51 am
wow!!!!! people can be pretty judgmental on here.......its not like she eats this recipe every day!!!  to say I'm not going to enjoy something sweet every once in a while would be a lie......but its not going to be an everyday occurrence.....im sure this isnt in her diet everyday either
    Vsg  3/19/12 sw 236 cw 216 gw 150  
MizzEvil
on 4/11/12 5:56 am - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 03/16/12
Well just don't post it on here when you do unless you want a swift, steel-toed kick in the balloon knot. LoL!

C. Harvey
on 4/11/12 5:58 am
VSG on 01/11/12
THANK YOU VERY MUCH...IF THEY WOULD TAKE TIME OUT TO READ MY PREVIOUS POSTS THEY WOULD SEE THAT IT'S NOT AN EVERYDAY THING FOR ME...INFACT ITS A FIRST...IF I WAS GOING TO FALL OFF THE WAGON I WOULD HAVE DONE IT MONTHS AGO WHEN I WAS TOLD I WAS CLEARED FOR ALL AND ANY TYPES OF FOODS. BUT THEY SKIM OVER AND READ WHAT THEY WANT TO READ AND THEN THEY JUDGE...I WOULD NOT JUDGE THEM IF IT WAS THEM WHO HAD POSTED THIS RECIPE...IF I THOUGHT IT WASNT FOR ME I WOULD HAVE REPLIED WITH 'THIS ISNT FOR ME, BUT IF IT HELPS YOU OUT AND YOU CAN CONTROL YOUR INTAKE...GREAT JOB! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK' I THINK WITH SOME PEOPLE THO THEY GET JEALOUS BECAUSE THEY ARE SOME OF US WHO CAN CONTROL WHAT WE TAKE IN AND KNOW WHEN TO SAY STOP...IM NOT SAYING I WAS FULLY FAT BECAUSE I NEVER ATE...BUT MOST OF WHAT I ATE WASN'T SWEETS TO BEGIN WITH...I LIKED FOOD...I HAVE NEVER BEEN A SWEET PERSON UNLESS IT WAS THAT TIME OF THE MONTH AND WITH MY PCOS I WAS LUCKY IF THAT TIME COME ONCE A YEAR...I GOT FAT BY EATING TOO MUCH...BUT IT WASNT TOO MUCH SUGARS OR SWEETS IT WAS JUST TOO MUCH IN GENERAL...THAT AND HELP FROM MY PCOS...BUT I HAVE ALWAYS AND ALWAYS WILL TAKE BLAME FOR HOW BIG I WAS...IT WAS NO ONE'S FAULT BUT MINE...BUT SAYING I GAINED IT ALL BECAUSE I SIT AROUND AND ATE OREOS ALL DAY IS A LIE!

edelu
on 4/11/12 10:07 am, edited 4/11/12 10:10 am - los angeles, CA
Okay so you've met the snack police and ream patrol, they are super PC and never give in to their weaknesses except when they decide the rules are more guidelines and they are trailblazers and that is their right, but you need to have a long memory when you write stuff that never goes away..  even without this the option of just passing by a post just i guess never occurs.  People enjoy their snark with a side of patronizing and apparently they create groupings where they can beat up en masse 

There used to be some posters on here who did not do low carb/no sugar.  they just basically ate within a caloric base and lost their weight.  they were eventually drowned out and moved off.  The thing about this post is that you were sharing something, not looking for opinions but hey it's the Internet.  Here's the thing, everyone finds their own way in this journey but they are frowned upon and clearly belittled and bullied, at least on this board for it.  But trying to justify yourself in these particular cir****tances...let it go, it's not worth your consideration.
C. Harvey
on 4/11/12 11:28 am
VSG on 01/11/12
thanks lol im hard headed and just cant stand when im judged because i dont judge others...ya know? but i was never told to count carbs or sugar i was told to count calories and its worked pretty good for me so far...3 months in and 73lbs down without any exercise...so im not complaining!!
miciaRN
on 4/11/12 12:08 pm - CA
VSG on 03/08/12
 Good for you!! I, too, have a plan that does not restrict carbs. As a matter of fact, the sample menus they gave us call for quite a few carbs and even sugars in some instances. I'm choosing to restrict my carbs, but that is just me. Who on earth said you have to keep your carbs below 40 or 20 or whatever to lose weight or be successful on this journey? Your WL has been wonderful and you clearly have been successful in determining what works for you. I find that far too often some people think what works for them should and will work for everyone and that is just not the case. I think it's strange that people on here are constantly telling others to follow their plans, but then when they discover those plans contradict what was successful for them, they criticize the plan or the nut lol. If you feel like you need to squash a craving every blue moon and it is something that is within your plans limits, who is anyone to tell you you can't/shouldn't have it? 

Most Active
Recent Topics