100 Calorie Oreo Dip

C. Harvey
on 4/11/12 5:15 am
VSG on 01/11/12
I DONT EAT THIS EVERY DAY THO...THIS WAS JUST SOMETHING THAT WAS A SPUR OF THE MOMENT THING...I SPENT HOURS UPON HOURS IN THE ER THE OTHER DAY OVER A RUPTURED CYST THAT WAS 24CM I WAS PUMPED FULL OF PAIN MEDICINES AND HORMONES...SO MY BODY IS KIND OF WACKY RIGHT NOW...I TOOK 2 BITES...OMG KILL ME BECAUSE I TOOK TWO BITES! IT WAS ENOUGH TO RELIEVE THE CRAVING AND TO HELP ME OUT...AND 100 CALORIES IS GOOD WHENEVER I BARELY GET IN THE 1000 IM REQUIRED TO AND 26 CARBS AREN'T GOING TO HURT ME EITHER....SORRY I SHARED THIS...BUT I'LL SAY ONE THING THOSE WHO HAVE NEVER STEERED FROM THEIR PLAN AND HAS STUCK FULLY TO EVERYTHING THEY HAVE BEEN TOLD YOU CAN JUDGE ME BUT THOSE WHO HAVE EATEN A SWEET HERE OR THERE...HAVE NO ROOM TO TALK.

MizzEvil
on 4/11/12 5:03 am - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 03/16/12
I think it's halarious how post-op, we become so comfortable to down others decisions in food. It's like people who used to smoke telling another smoker that if they did it, then anyone could.
I've seen so many post from people who don't post often or are newbies who tell how they've slipped on their eating choices post-op, and all these people come out to tell them what a danger to themselves they are, and warn them of the possibility of death. But if it was someone who posts often, then people are all chipper and telling them to get back on the horse, everyone does it.... tomorrow is a new day.
When someone like the OP posts something, everyone is all about writing SNARKY comments. GTFOH.

ruggie
on 4/11/12 5:20 am - Sacramento, CA
Well sure, a lot about this journey is lifestyle changes, right?

I don't see anyone here in this thread talking about danger - certainly not death!  I think the danger here, if any, if that getting into the habit of eating foods like these will help make it more difficult to get to the end goal.  

With surgery, it's pretty easy for most of us to lose 50% of our excess weight.  Regardless, it's still really tough to get to 80, 90, or 100% excess weight loss and a great deal of us don't make it that far.  There's an important mentality required to get all the way to the end.

People react strongly to these posts because they are often trigger foods and/or slippery slope foods.  This is a low-nutrional desert.  One serving is about half the carbs you should be eating in a day during weight loss.  It's going to help increase appitite.  Worse, you can get about a metric ton of this because it's not going to offer any restriction having no protein and a nice, fluffy-liquid consistency. 

And do try to remember why this causes an emotional response in some people - this was their trigger food - deserts, or chocolate, or ice cream, or oreos that helped to make them so obese.  You have to expect that recipes like this, on a weight loss forum, are going to have some reactions.

I don't think people's reaction has anything to do with whether the OP posts frequently or infrequently.

Kudos to you though for speaking out and saying what's on your mind.

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

MizzEvil
on 4/11/12 5:33 am - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 03/16/12

First of all, I didn't say this particular thread. I've been on this site for approx 3 months, and I've seen plenty of posts that are similar to this that go in that direction.
I understand it's a slippery slope, but do you really think that people are going to really listen to people with 'snarky' remarks? Certainly not. And I do think that some people are a bit more gentle with people who frequently post. I can understand how this becomes like a second family and you are a bit more tender with people you're closer to. But, if the point of responding is to inform people, there are different ways to address it. Snarky isn't one of them.
But, not everyone has the willpower to not allow a few spoonfuls of fluffy-liquids and sugar... **** how the hell do you think we got here in the first place? Some people think that if they allow themselves a few bites of whatever every 3 months will keep them from binging or frequently going off track. Some people know themselves enough to kn ow they can't allow themselves to have a forbidden-morsel because they know they are going to say "fu'qk it" and do whatever they want to. Some people hafta gain 3lbs to figure out what they are doing isn't working.

hollykim
on 4/11/12 5:03 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Did you try a chocolate protein shake to quell the chocolate craving? sometimes that works for me.
GL

C. Harvey
on 4/11/12 5:20 am, edited 4/11/12 5:22 am
VSG on 01/11/12
YES I DID AND IT JUST DIDN'T DO THE TRICK...A FRIEND OF MINE HAD TOLD ME SHE SEEN THIS IN HER WW RECIPES SHE HAD SAVED ON HER PC AND SHE HAD EMAILED IT TO ME WITH THE PICS...I WASNT HUNGRY IS THE THING IT WAS JUST MY HORMONES AND MY BRAIN WORKING AGAINST ME...BUT LIKE I SAID AFTER TWO BITE (FROM A TODDLER SPOON) I WAS SATISIFIED...TOOK THE REST TO MY SISTER'S HOUSE AND HER KIDS ATE IT...IT WAS BETTER THEN A CANDY BAR OR DONUTS OR OTHER THINGS...I WATCH MYSELF WHEN I EAT...I HAVENT SLIPPED I HAVE DONE GOOD...EVERYONE DESERVES TO BE REWARDED EVERY NOW AND THEN...MY DOCTOR TOLD ME THAT...BUT YOU HAVE TO LEARN WHEN TO TELL YOURSELF WHEN TOO MUCH IS TOO MUCH....YOU CANT SHELTER YOURSELF FROM LIFE AND FROM THINGS GOING ON AROUND YOU JUST BECAUSE OF THIS SURGERY....WE HAVE A PT THAT COMES INTO THE OFFICE I WORK AT SHE HAD BYPASS...WAS 400LBS...SHE DRINKS POP, SHE EATS CANDY, DOES EVERYTHING MY DR SAID I SHOULDNT DO....SHE IS 120LBS....SHOULD SHE DRINK THE POP ALL THE TIME AND STUFF...NO...BUT SHE WORKS WITH HER BODY AND SHE DOES FINE...AM I GOING TO DO WHAT SHE DOES...OF COURSE NOT...BUT IF IT DOESNT HURT HER OR ALL THE OTHERS OUT THERE WHO DO IT THEN TWO BITE OF OREO DIP ISN'T GOING TO KILL ME.

tripmom02
on 4/11/12 5:37 am - NJ
If you need a reward, get a pedicure, buy a new pair of shoes, DO NO reward yourself with food it's a slippery slope. 

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

emelar
on 4/11/12 5:38 am - TX
Get out of the mindset that you need to reward yourself with food.  That's the most dangerous thing I've seen you say in this entire thread.

You had a craving.  You killed the craving.  Enough said.

Here's an alternative for the choco craving - sweeten some Greek yogurt with spenda, truvia, whatever you like.  Get some Walden Farms 0 calorie chocolate syrup.  That stuff is nasty on it's own, but dip a spoonful of yogurt in it, and it'll satisfy that chocolate craving and give you a little protein to boot.
tripmom02
on 4/11/12 5:39 am - NJ

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

C. Harvey
on 4/11/12 5:52 am
VSG on 01/11/12
I NEVER SAID I WAS REWARDING MYSELF WITH FOOD...IF YOU WOULD READ THE ORIGINAL POST IT WAS TO CURVE A HORMONE CRAVING...NOT TO REWARD MYSELF

Most Active
Recent Topics