100 Calorie Oreo Dip

C. Harvey
on 4/11/12 5:01 am
VSG on 01/11/12
I DIDNT SEE WHAT YOU SAID BEFORE YOU EDITED IT THOUGH...AND THE DIP IS WHAT I ATE I NEVER EVEN ADDED THE GRAHAM CRACKERS...YOU MAKE THINGS TO WORK FOR YOU...JUST BECAUSE IT'S IN THE RECIPE DOESN'T MEAN I ATE IT, BUT I THOUGHT IT WASN'T RIGHT NOT TO SHARE THE WHOLE RECIPE.

(deactivated member)
on 4/11/12 5:13 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
(deactivated member)
on 4/11/12 4:19 am
I wrote a snarky post,

Then I erased my own snarky post.

Then I wanted to move on, but I just couldn't make myself....

I am taking deep breaths, and counting to 100. 

Edited post:
100 calories
21 carbs
2.3 protein

enough said.

Finally, I reminded myself that I too eat crappy food on occasion. 

MizzEvil
on 4/11/12 4:23 am - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 03/16/12
I think that was the point of her post to begin with. She isn't saying it's the most healthy recipe out there, but if she's gonna eat a bit of crap at least she isn't going out and eating a box of donuts. She thought about it enough to discuss it with her NUT.

(deactivated member)
on 4/11/12 4:32 am
I eat crappy food on occasion because I am in  maintenance and I only started to do this after being in maintenance for about six months.  There is no difference between having this recipe and having any other crappy food out there.  I have some great recipes for chocolate brownies, I am willing to share if you think they will help you.  Just kidding, I wouldn't put them here.

There are many different NUTs out there, if this works for her great, for me, it would make my cravings shoot through the roof.  This would be a perfect recipe for a gateway food to move me right into unhealthy eating.  That would be my experience, your experience might differ. 
ruggie
on 4/11/12 4:53 am - Sacramento, CA
Yeah, I just used the smilies instead of writing a snarky post myself.

I wouldn't eat this in maintenance; I surely wouldn't eat this during weight loss.  Call me whatever, but sweets and deserts need to go - these are the kinds of foods we're supposed to say 'goodbye' to.

There are plenty of snack options that are just sugar.

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

judyk62
on 4/11/12 4:42 am - Santa Rosa, CA
Are you kidding me? This was approved by your nutritionist? I know this is snarky - but I'd change nuts. Why would you do this to your body at this point?

HW: 284: SW: 274: CW: 152.8. Goal: 159  

rhearob
on 4/11/12 4:53 am - TN
 Did the NUT read it before she approved it?  Was she being Sarcastic?

The graham crackers to dip in it are a killer alone.

I wouldn't consider anything with "OREO" in the name, LOL.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

C. Harvey
on 4/11/12 4:58 am
VSG on 01/11/12

SORRY IF THIS OFFENDED ANYONE...I IN NO MEANS MEANT TO, AND MY NUT DIDN'T THINK IT WAS THAT BAD...YOU CAN HAVE FAT FREE/SUGAR FREE COOL WHIP...SHE GAVE US RECIPES IN OUR NUTRITION CLASSES WHI*****LUDED THIS. MY CALORIE INTAKE ON A DAILY BASIS IS LESS THAN 1,000....I STILL NEED SOME TYPE OF CARBS THO BECAUSE OF MY PCOS AND INSULIN RESISTANCE...IF NOT I WILL BOTTOM OUT AND HIT THE FLOOR...YOU HAVE TO WORK YOUR SLEEVE TO ALSO WORK WITH YOUR MEDICAL PROBLEMS...THOSE WHO HAVE PCOS AND HAVE THE LOW BLOOD SUGAR KNOW THAT CARBS STILL HAVE TO PLAY A ROLE IN YOUR DIET..YOU JUST HAVE TO WATCH YOUR INTAKE. IN OTHER WORDS...MY NUT ISN'T GIVING ME THAT BAD OF ADVICE BECAUSE TODAY MAKE 3 MONTHS SINCE SURGERY AND I'M DOWN OVER 70LBS...SO APPARENTLY I AM DOING SOMETHING RIGHT...AND THAT IS WITHOUT EXERCISE...BECAUSE I HAVEN'T EVEN BEEN CLEARED FOR EXERCISE BECAUSE OF MY POTASSIUM PROBLEMS...SO THE DIET MY NUT AND I HAVE SET UP FOR ME IS WORKING PERFECTLY FOR ME...IM JUST SAYING THAT THOSE WHO DO NEED A LIL SWEET HERE OR THERE...THIS IS HEALTHIER THAN A BOX OF DONUTS OR A CAKE OR MANY MANY OTHER THINGS. SOME PEOPLE CAN EAT CARBS AND HAVE TO WATCH THEIR CALORIES AND SOME HAVE TO WATCH THEIR CARBS AND NOT THEIR CALORIES...EVERYONE'S BODY IS DIFFERENT YOU HAVE TO WORK WITH YOUR BODY TO MAKE YOU HAPPY...AND THERE ARE MANY PEOPLE OUT THERE LIKE ME...JUST THOUGH I'D SHARE...DIDN'T KNOW I'D GET CHEWED OUT OVER IT.

tripmom02
on 4/11/12 5:01 am - NJ
 Yeah, I have both PCOS and low blood sugar, and if I am going to eat 20 carbs it's going to be high fiber, low sugar carbs that have some kind of BENIFIT to my body. These kinds of carbs are going to TRIGGER low blood sugar issues, not help prevent them. This recipe IS bad advice, on many, many levels. 

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

Most Active
Recent Topics