Stall at 5 Wks Post Op..MARCH Sleevers & Everyone else..

mjtierra
on 4/12/12 1:41 am - CA
VSG on 03/08/12
Encouragement please... Good morning all. I have lost a total of 16 lbs since my WLS on March 8th. I started the gym 2 weeks ago and am currently on 400-600 calories. I have been trying to get in 600 calories which I haven't had any problem but then I work out and burn any where from 150 -250 calories am I supposed to be sure to eat those calories I burned? Is it because of my calorie total at the end of the day is only waivering under 500? What have you all done to jump start the dreaded stall? 

I am still very encouraged in my weight loss and inches loss I know that stalls happen but what can I do to ensure continued weight loss?

On a GOOD GREAT note.. I pulled out a pair of jeans this morning that  I haven't worn in years and pulled them on and they were to big!!! So then I pulled on my "thinner" go to jeans which are the smallest pair I own and they fit comfortably!! I could've of cried!!

Thanks for all the support 

Jackie F.
on 4/12/12 4:20 am - Pico Rivera, CA
VSG on 03/09/12
I had my surgery 3/9 one day after you. I hit my stall at 2 weeks. But I kept to my plan and kept walking and sipping on water. My stall lasted 2 weeks. I was bummed I thought I did something wrong but I didnt these stalls will happen probably more times then we want. Its part of the process. Im glad to say this week i was back to losing. Im down 6lbs since Monday and 30 total since surgery. Dont get discouraged keep at it the stall will past and you the weight will come off!

Good Luck!
HW: 275 GW: 130

Sara M.
on 4/12/12 4:22 am - CA
VSG on 03/06/12
I'm with you.  My surgery with March 6th. 

I've lost 20 lbs since my surgery and have not been feeling great this past week.  Most of it is due to me not being as good as I have been, but it also has to do with being in a accident (hit by a semi - more stress/reliving than injury) less than a week ago.

I need a swift kick in the pants.  I am tired ALL the time is seems and I just want to sleep (yes, I could probably use some cheese to go with my whine).

For me exercise and protein helps get me out of the ruts and I am REALLY trying to get myself out today.

You are doing well and congrats on the jeans!

Consult: 270   Surgery: 256   1 Month: 237    2 Mos: 223   3 Mos: 208    4 Mos: 198
5 Mos: 188    6 Mos:178     7 Mos: 169
fran67
on 4/12/12 5:13 am - NJ
VSG on 03/08/12
Mine was 3/8 also and I'm down 18lbs since surgery. I don't think it was a stall, just more of my body getting adjusted but I didn't lose anything after the 1st wee****il the middle of week 3. Very frustrating but it took time to put the weight on so it will take time to take it off.

4' 11" HW 218 SW 214 Original Goal of 125 in 8.5 mos Lowest Weight 119 CW 133 Trying to get back in the 122-128 range 

mjtierra
on 4/12/12 5:48 am - CA
VSG on 03/08/12
First of all  - Oh my Sara M. You need to take it slow. I'm sure through this difficult time it's going to be hard but stick to your plan Darling.. Heal first..

Now Sara, Jackie F & Fran67, Thanks for all the encouragement. I know the stalls will occur from time to time.. Fran67, I only 16lbs from surgery. 35 in total since November. So we are on the same boat. we just need to stick to our plan and exercise and know that we have eachother to cheer us on!!

Thanks  everyone!