I need a good Chicken salad Recipe......

Ulysses
on 4/6/12 10:58 am

Miracle Whip............
Possibly one of the most horrific things to eat on the planet, with the exception of liver.
I grew up in the South, and Piggly Wiggly chopped ham and Miracle Whip sandwiches were the bane of my childhood.

DOWN with Miracle Whip!

Jason
VSG Surgery on April 26th, 2011
"Get busy living…or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." ~ Red, The Shawshank Redemption   

melly37
on 4/6/12 1:09 pm - Rio Rancho, NM
VSG on 04/03/12
LOL yes, Miracle Whip sure helped me to get to 260 lbs! 

LapBand Surgery 01/10/08, Revison to Sleeve 04/03/12

Twizzled D.
on 4/6/12 1:41 pm
 I'm also a fan of the Greek Yogurt instead of mayo, but I cut the Greek yogurt very slightly by adding in a little FF Cool Whip. I haven't made this yet post-op, but pre-op, if I made chicken salad with two 4-oz chicken breasts (3 meals back then, probably about 5-6 now), I'd use 1/2 C of Greek Yogurt and 2 or 3 T of the FF Cool Whip. It's just enough to thin out the yogurt a little. I'd also add chopped apples, grapes, and walnuts, but that's waaaaaaaaay too much for the sleeve to handle at this point! 
-Kristi

frisco
on 4/6/12 3:40 pm
Personally .....

Chicken was the last protien I was cleared on......

I would suggest eggs and soft fish first..... Wait till about 8-10 weeks out for Chicken........soft, wet, slow cooked proteins are good for early out....

Now chicken salad....So many options and things to try. During WL you really want to give Greek Yogurt an honest go.... It really can work to be quite enjoyable ..... You just gotta work with it......

My main mix is GY with a little Sriracha...... As you advance you can start adding mayo to the mix.... Just be cautious of the fat as you go.....

Add whatever to GY.... Soy Sauce and wasabi..... Salsa..... Taco seasoning.... Unlimited ......

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

J.Lo 74
on 4/6/12 11:07 pm
Ok Frisco you have me wanting to give greek yogurt a try again.  I bought some seasoning mixes last night.  Thanks for the tips!
AmberK
on 4/6/12 11:29 pm
VSG on 03/07/12 with
 Thanks for the tips! I will try the GY, scars me, but I will try it! LOL

Would you say no to canned chicken at this point. I have never had it but they say it is really soft? I have had tuna it went down without any issues!

Thanks
Most Active
Recent Topics