I need a good Chicken salad Recipe......

AmberK
on 4/6/12 8:16 am
VSG on 03/07/12 with
 I have never made this but I would like to try. I see many people post on here that this is something they eat. Please give me your recipe you use.........Thanks! 

VSG 3/07/12     HW:260   SW: 249   CW:164  

Ms. Poker Face
on 4/6/12 8:21 am
I see you are about 4 weeks post op.  At that point, I was using canned chicken to make chicken salad because it's so soft.  I mixed it with a variety of things so that I wouldn't get bored.  A little plain nonfat greek yogurt and some dry ranch seasoning.  A little mayo and buffalo sauce.  Some low fat sour cream and garlic powder plus italian seasoning.  You'll have to mix it to your taste... and your comfort level with how much lube you want with it.

Yum!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

AmberK
on 4/6/12 9:13 am
VSG on 03/07/12 with
 Thanks! The ranch sounds great in it! I had no idea what to even put in chicken salad. 
J.Lo 74
on 4/6/12 8:24 am
I just use rotisserie chicken and add onion, celery and a little mayo.  A lot of people use greek yogurt but I didn't care for it mu*****hicken salad.  Here's a link with some recipes.

http://www.google.com/cse?cx=010161925482818458409%3Avag5alw lnvy&q=chicken+salad#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=chicken%20salad&gsc.pag e=1

Hope this helps you some.
AmberK
on 4/6/12 9:14 am
VSG on 03/07/12 with
 Thanks! I don't think I would like the greek yogurt either. So, do you just mix it up kinda like tuna salad except it is chicken? 
Ms Shell
on 4/6/12 9:29 am - Hawthorne, CA
Exactly like tuna salad it's just chicken.  But with chicken I get a little more experimental, last time I did mayo, onion and curry powder.  I added eggs but for some reason I like eggs in my tuna but not in my chicken.

Enjoy!!

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

AmberK
on 4/6/12 9:37 am
VSG on 03/07/12 with
 Great! Maybe I can handle it then. hahaha
Ms Shell
on 4/6/12 9:41 am - Hawthorne, CA
The only limitation is your imagination and how far out you are =)

My fav has chicken, onion, craisins, mayo and celery.

I've added pecans, walnuts, chopped up grapes, apples, and the curry last time.

Like I said I break out with chicken and NEVER with tuna...but then I make all types of chicken dishes and not to many fish ya know!!!

Ok my favorite website is www.allrecipes.com and THIS recipe sounds very interesting http://allrecipes.com/recipe/congealed-chicken-salad/detail. aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e11=chicken%20salad&e8=Quick%2 0Search&event10=1&e7=Home%20Page

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

melly37
on 4/6/12 9:24 am - Rio Rancho, NM
VSG on 04/03/12
My co-workers usually ask for me to bring chicken salad to potlucks.  I use canned chicken, onions, sweet relish, grated boiled eggs, and a mixture of real mayo and miracle whip.  I use more mayo than miracle whip by two to one.  It is very tasty, but Ms. Poker Face had some great ideas that sounded very yummy and even easier to make!

LapBand Surgery 01/10/08, Revison to Sleeve 04/03/12

AmberK
on 4/6/12 9:43 am
VSG on 03/07/12 with
 Thanks! I will be trying this soon! 
Most Active
Recent Topics