7 months down - checking in

Nicole S.
on 3/26/12 3:12 am - Vallejo, CA
Well my 7 month surgiversary has come and gone (March 18th) and let me tell you this has been the journey of a lifetime.  Like any journey you are bound to experience ups and downs, because that is all a part of life.  This journey is the same - ups and downs, but still plugging forward.

As of today I am 90.2 lbs down, and many inches.  I am now officially under 175lbs (which I can not recall ever being in my life except as a kid)

Everyday I thank my surgeon and my sleeve for getting me to where I am today!  I am a healthier happier person than I could have ever imagined myself being.

To those of you contemplating this, or have recently had the sleeve remember this:  Every journey is different, you will lose differently from everyone else, so please do not compare yourself.  That will only make this so much more difficult.  Remember, your scale is not always your best friend, USE A MEASURING TAPE!! When the scale is not moving, the inches may be sliding off before your eyes. 

Finally, this is a journey not a race, so enjoy the ride and stop to smell the roses while you are learning about you and the soon to be new you.  It really can be a lot of fun if you allow it to be.
~Nicole  
Height 5'1 HW- 320 SW-265 CW- 172.2 GW 140                                

acbbrown
on 3/26/12 3:14 am - Granada Hills, CA
 Congrats! You're doing great! You are right about this being a journey - with no real end in sight. Just different phases. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Shagdoll
on 3/26/12 3:35 am
Hey Nicole! We were sleeved on the same day!!! Congratulations on your weight loss, you have done a great job!
Jenn
Nicole S.
on 3/26/12 3:41 am - Vallejo, CA
*waving hi to my sleeve sister Jenn*  It was an amazing day!
~Nicole  

isabellarossellini
on 3/26/12 4:49 am
Congratultions!  its so great to read your story.  I'm having a rough week because I not only stalled this week, but put on 2 lbs.  So your words mean a lot to me right now.  Again, Congrats!!
piper1234
on 3/26/12 5:49 am
 It is a comfort to hear such a positive outcome and attitiude. My anxiety is steadily increasing as my date fast approaches. I have 80-85 pounds that I have been unable to shake for around 7 years. Like many on the forum, each attempt has resulted in regain plus 10-15....for good measure. I must applaud these brave folks for tackling their weight problems so decisively. This is such a final choice, this irreversible lifestyle change, is a huge commitment. I hope I have the fortitude to follow thru, as you folks have done. I have shown repeatedly that I do need the durability of the procedure to help keep me on track.
May I ask, are you able to have a couple glasses of white wine once a week or so? I hate to think of giving that up for the rest of my days (I'm 45). I have heard varied responses with regard to booze. I have zero interest in the hard stuff. However, I adore pinot grigio once in a while and would miss that a lot. I do not want to tea-total.
My Thanks for posting your update.
Nicole S.
on 3/27/12 4:38 am - Vallejo, CA
Since surgery I have had one glass of wine- I alotted it in my days calories but 4 oz of pink moscato did me in - you would be a cheap drunk.  Your tastes may change, and your desires may change as well.  What you think you want now (I used to be a HUGE tequila and margarita fan - but now eh dont miss it)

Good luck to you with this process!
~Nicole  

Most Active