Stuffed myself....and it wasn't even that good???

The New Mrs
on 3/19/12 9:34 pm - Mooresville, NC
VSG on 02/09/12
Sometimes this journey is so freaking hard.  Last night, after a particularly rough day at work I was craving carbs...fried rice to be specific.  Long story short, I ate until I couldn't eat anymore and was miserable for two hours.  SO FULL.  I wasn't comfortable standing, sitting, walking....didn't feel like I could throw up.  UGH it was worse than Thanksgiving dinner in the "old" days.  

Here's the deal...the supid fried rice was not even that good!  UGH.  I stuffed myself, was miserable and it wasn't even good food.

Ugh.  I know better.  Just needed to vent that sometimes, no matter how far out I get, I still screw up :(

Julie
Lap Band Surgery 12/19/2009, revised to Sleeve 2/9/2012

Next goal:  183
Ms. Poker Face
on 3/19/12 10:11 pm
It happens!  And quickly sometimes!  Hopefully you are a fast learner and don't do this again.  It took me 5 or 6 times to learn.  I'm pretty good about undereating my sleeve now.

Also, have you considered counseling?  I am finding it immensely helpful on my journey.  I have spent my life eating eating eating, including when I am not hungry.  Therapy is helping me understand why I do that and ways to change my behavior.

When you get further out and can eat almost anything, the really hard work starts.  Then it's all about behavior and choices and good habits.  You can do this!

Good luck!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

lnbrack
on 3/19/12 11:11 pm - ALPHARETTA, GA
VSG on 02/23/12
See this is the type of thing that scares the Heck out of me because I was a Carb lover,but I do appreciate you coming on and admitting this because it helps people like me understand and know that even with the best intentions no one is perfect.You recognized what you did and learned from it.I think you will do just fine going forward.

" With GOD before me who can be against me"

rhearob
on 3/19/12 11:23 pm - TN
 This is pretty timely.  Just last night at my therapist led support group, we were talking about understanding emotional and compulsive eating and some tools to work through that.  The one that resonated most with me was "feel and deal", basically when you feel the need to eat over something like a stressful day at work (or in my case when I am alone) just stop.  Before you go and find something to eat, focus on why you are feeling that need to eat and deal with that.

Also, be encouraged that you sleeve worked for you, I am sure you didn't eat nearly as much rice as you would have before surgery!  Like sticky_sweet said, sooner or later your sleeve will teach you to not do it again!

These are the kinds of things we have to be honest with ourselves about and look for the help from our support groups, surgeons, and therapists.  Learning to manage these types of issues will help us guarantee long term success.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

LauriTheRN
on 3/19/12 11:53 pm
I'm almost three years out and no matter how hard I try I make mistakes like the one you discribed in you post one in a while. Food has always been my comfort and friend and when life throws me a curve ball I have been known to stuff myself to make myself feel better. It is something that I need to deal with but forgive myself for.

Forgive yourself and take it one day at a time.

I feel your frustration - I've been there time and again. You have the support on the forum of many who deal with the same issues. Thanks for sharing.

121 lbs. lost since surgery June 2009.
Most Active
Recent Topics