Flavored water?

The New Mrs
on 3/15/12 2:36 am - Mooresville, NC
VSG on 02/09/12
I'm looking for some flavor to put in my water. The pre mixed drinks (Such as Vitamin Water Zero) you buy are so expensive and I'd like to be  able to flavor my own water.  You know the drill, no calories of course.  I HATE lemonaid so please don't suggest Crystal Lite.  Are there others out there or am I doomed to drink boring regular water for the rest of my life? 
Julie
Lap Band Surgery 12/19/2009, revised to Sleeve 2/9/2012

Next goal:  183
nanadebbie57
on 3/15/12 2:42 am
VSG on 03/07/12
I reall like the Crystal Lite Raspberry Ice flavor. You know, Crystal Lite comes in many different flavors, not just lemonade! (I'm not a big fan either!) I've also heard that Mio flavored additives are good and come in many flavors and are a little less expensive -I'm going to check them out!

(deactivated member)
on 3/15/12 2:43 am - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 05/04/12 with
Get vitamin water at Costco. It's cheap for a case!
Soon_to_be_skinny_S
tacie

on 3/15/12 2:44 am - MA
VSG on 04/17/12
I get the little packets of sugar free Cran Grape or Cran Pom, they're pretty good. Other than that, it's sf packets of iced tea.

I don't drink Crystal Light because I think it's sweetened with Aspartame which doesn't agree with me as well as the Splenda sweetened af drink mixes.

teacher071
on 3/15/12 2:47 am - TX
 I looovvveee Crystal Light fruit punch. It tastes like something I shouldnt be allowed to drink. I cut it with more water than it calls for because it is pretty sweet. 

Have you ever had green tea? Specifically Tazo? I make a big huge one in a plastic Starbucks cup w the plastic straw. Tons of ice and three Splendas. It totally rocks.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.     
HW:331  SW: 319   CW: 262  GW: 170 (or less...we'll see)
felicity2u
on 3/15/12 2:49 am - LA
I love the Mio liquid Water Enhancers, you can find them buy the crystal light and they come in a bunch of flavors.  I like them better because unlike Cystal light they are not a powder but a liquid and leave not nasty pieces floating around or stuck to the rim of the bottle.  They are a little pricey, usually around 3.50 each but you can use they for quite a bit depending on how strong you like the flavoring.  I have found that now Walmart sells their own version for 1.00 cheaper and they taste just as good.  I love the Grape flavor but they also have about six other flavors in the walmart brand as well! Hope this helps!

If you fear nothing, then you love nothing. If you love nothing, what joy can there be in life?
                       VSG-3/3/2011 HW-308 SW-298 CW-152 GW-160
                                                156LBS. LOST

felicity2u
on 3/15/12 2:53 am - LA
Also, before surgery and being from the south, I lived on sweet tea.  I have now made my own version that I cannot live without.  I just take a 4 liter pitcher and get four lipton tea cold brew bags and let them brew for about an hour in the pitcher. I then get the big bags of splenda for cooking and use my 1/2 cup scoop and sweeten my tea to my liking.  You can get as sweet or not sweet as you like.  The splenda with the tea taste just like sweet tea made with real sugar, it's been a life saver!

If you fear nothing, then you love nothing. If you love nothing, what joy can there be in life?
                       VSG-3/3/2011 HW-308 SW-298 CW-152 GW-160
                                                156LBS. LOST

Snowberry
on 3/15/12 3:10 am
VSG on 04/10/12
 Thanks for that tip!  I LOVE sweet tea, but had to eliminate it as part of my six-month supervised diet.  I have some of the Lipton Cold Brew tea bags at home so I can't wait to try it!

AmberK
on 3/15/12 3:50 am
VSG on 03/07/12 with
 I'm going to try this! 
JuucyOne
on 3/15/12 3:16 am - Chicago, IL
VSG on 02/04/13
I LOVE the MIO liquids. They are really convenient and tasty! I always travel with one in my purse. They have a new flavor called "Orange Tangerine." It is DELICIOUS! I have my co-workers hooked!

HW: 397 SW: 370 CW: 285

Most Active
Recent Topics