NUT has me sooo confused!

kam0520
on 3/13/12 8:50 am - AL
I just emailed my bariatric coordinator to try and figure some of this out too.  She said not to count calores to eat til I feel fullness and to always eat protein first and if I eat starches the weightloss will slow.  I have TRIED to only eat 500 to 800 calories like the people on here suggest, but I just can't.  I eat more like 1000 to 1200 and I am losing around 8 or 9lbs a week, but I also started out at almost 550, so that may be part of it.  I think it just depends on your body make up and sleeve size, there is no one plan that will work for everyone.  Good luck!
www.kasleeved.com the (almost) daily journey after VSG

Eat to live, don't live to eat.
Hope Y.
on 3/13/12 9:38 am - Harrison, MI
VSG on 01/23/12
Lots more good advice, that's why I love OH!

Brandilynn, you must telepathically know me, that you know I can be losing my mind but not about this ;)  Constant thing around here!

The diet she is telling me I should follow is the pre-op diet and I don't feel comfortable with that.  I am going to email the surgeon and his NP, since I don't since them again until 4/19.  I have worked in a few doctor's offices, and know that communication is never 100%, but I also know that any of the docs I worked for would be PEEVED if a staff member was directly contradicting them, and saying (and I do quote), "Dr. so and so is wrong about that" in a group session!

Sleeved - 1/23/12       Starting weight - 331                  Current weight - 195  

Most Active
Recent Topics