Confession of a failure

lucy2e
on 3/12/12 6:09 am - Laurel, MD
Hey - long time no see!

Sorry you are struggling.  It's not too late to get back on track.  Throw out all the CRAP that you have let slip back into your life - the candy, chips, ice cream...  Next - get yourself on a schedule.  Start eating breakfast at the same time - I have two string cheese every morning for breakfast at about the same time.  Have healthy snacks easily available - string cheese, almonds, jerky, greek yogurt, whatever works for you!  If you really enjoy the ice cream - freeze up some greek yogurt and have a safe treat!

You gave yourself the gift of this surgery, now give yourself the gift of making the most of it - YOU CAN DO THIS!

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

Daviegrandma
on 3/12/12 11:36 am - Davie, FL
Hey Lucy,

How are you?  I threw it all away.... I called and going to a support meeting tomorrow... I needed to get my feelings out and a kick in the rear from all....

I am back on track... Thankssssssssssssss

lucy2e
on 3/12/12 11:44 pm - Laurel, MD
I tried replying from my phone last night and I guess it didn't go...

I'm doing pretty well - but my weight loss has slowed down considerably.

I think we are now pretty close in weight - so how about a friendly challenge to help us both move forward.  Would you like to compete to see who does best each week?  We can check in each Wednesday and report how we are doing, confess any mis-steps and provide motivation to each other.  I can only see each of us winning with this - even if you always lose more than me, I'll be happy that I'm losing!

Let me know if you would like to do this and we can each RACE to 150!  (That's where I'd like to get and then get some plastics to get me to about 130, my ideal for my height.)

Together we can kick some ass (and each others when it is needed...)

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

theshrinkingmimi
on 3/12/12 6:44 am
After so many months of struggling, why not get help?  Find a good therapist that specialize in eating issues. I was in therapy for the whole first 6 months.

Honestly, I've had everything you listed **** cream made me sick). But I work out, and 99% (well maybe 97%) I eat according to the rules. It doesn't have to be all or nothing. But it does need to be the vast majority.

Your mood would be better and you will feel more accomplished if you just plain exercised. Get a video (borrow from library, if necessary).  Do something. Wishing and posting won't do it.

You are wasting a tool if it is just sitting there. You are still restricted, so use the tool while you still can!
Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
Ladydivigirl
on 3/12/12 7:00 am
Hi Daviegrandma....I was wondering what had happened to you. I see you had surgery with Dr. Rosenthal at Cleveland Clinic. I had my surgery with Dr. Szomstein. I attend the support meetings each month and meeting with Lillian and Geena and the other patients is a HUGE help. Are you aware of the meetings? I live in Davie, too, not far from Cleveland Clinic and I  exercise (walk/jog)  everyday so if you want to meet somewhere at one of the several parks in our area,  I will exercise with you. I am here to help if you need me...I have had a lot on my plate lately because my mom had a massive stroke and she now lives with me...I have to take care of her on a full time basis, but I still make the time to exercise and follow my program. I will be more than willing to let you know what and how I eat and help you get back on  track. Please call Lillian or Geena and make an appointment at CC...they will help you and it won't cost anything because we paid for it at the beginning of our surgery process...U can go see them and call then ANYTIME as many times as you need to...I'm so sorry you are struggling...this is not an easy journey and NO ONE can do it alone...we need support..U came to the right place!! Hugs...

"The will of God will not take me where the GRACE of God cannot protect me!"    
Daviegrandma
on 3/12/12 11:34 am - Davie, FL
Ladydivigirl, Hi,

I haven't seen you on for a long time. So sorry to hear about your mother. My mother suffered a stroke 2 years ago and I know the long hard road ahead.

I made an appointment to go to a support session tomorrow night at the Broward Psychological Center off Sheraton. I am looking forward to going.  I will go see Lillian at the next meeting also...

Where do you walk? I live off Orange and Pine Island Rd.  We can meet..

I am so happy I admitted my feelings, I have hidden and felt ashamed, but I now feel fantastic... I am going to do this.. A big do over...

Thanksssssssssss

Ladydivigirl
on 3/13/12 7:27 am
Glad to hear it...That's the spirit!!!! You will love meeting with Lillian...she is great. Very helpful and encouraging...I live on Griffin and Dykes...right behind the horse ranch. Call me...I will send you a message with my phone number and we can decide when we can meet up to exercise. Attending the support meetings will help you tremendously...you will find that you are not the ONLY one going through this situation. It will give you comfort to listen to others, believe me...there are some other people that attend that has even more issues than you do..but we are all there to support each other during those times. The next meeting will be on March 26th. Lillian will give you the time. I am off to walk...will inbox you tonight when I return...Looking forward to meeting you!!!!! You can give me some advice on helping my mom...It is so difficult to see her like this...Be encouraged....

"The will of God will not take me where the GRACE of God cannot protect me!"    
Daviegrandma
on 3/12/12 11:37 am - Davie, FL
Thank you thank you all.... I needed all your support and advice..... I am a new me... Not wasting another day...

Thank you all so very very much.....

Most Active
Recent Topics