I did it! NSV for me! (Potentially some TMI)

MizzEvil
on 3/12/12 2:37 pm - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 03/16/12
MyOwnSunshine - you deserve it girl. Just a bit of advice. Try to look for a place that charges by time, not area (depending on how much you want to do) - you generally save alot of money. When I first started, the place didn't offer by time. So for only a few areas, I was spending like $200-$300 a pop. Now, I get 90 mins for $150... which covers pretty much everything I want to do, and some times it's less time - then the prorate me. Make sure the place is reputable - my brother's fiance got burned in her womanly area once.... so not cool! Not only can it cause serious burns, but skin discoloration.
Wildcat-NYC
on 3/12/12 1:16 pm
VSG on 08/16/12
Congrats!  Brazilian's are the great!  Even as a "fat" girl I get them when I know I'm going to be at the pool or beach a lot.  

If you maintain and go every 4-6 weeks, the pain gets better. 

Am thinking about laser hair removal though in the near future..
jimbovsg
on 3/12/12 5:01 pm
On March 12, 2012 at 5:10 PM Pacific Time, The New Mrs wrote:
So for years and years and years, I have wanted to try to get a Brazilian Bikini Wax.  I don't know why it was important for me to do it, but I really wanted to and I always used my weight as the reason why  I didn't do it.  I didn't want to be "that girl" that everyone talked about after you left the salon...you know, "Why does that girl need a bikini wax? You know she isn't getting any because she's so fat. Why is she having her bikini waxed?" 

But enough about my own self-esteem issues.  I'm about 90 lbs down, with about 16 more to go to my goal and I decided it was time to do it.  Just do it.  So today I did it!

Here was my experience in a nutshell:

The good:  It didn't hurt as much as I thought it would.  Yeah, sure any time that they are pulling hair from the roots from your nether regions, it's going to hurt, but it wasn't as bad as I thought.  The person doing it was very clinical.  She does HUNDREDS of these things and you can tell.  We chit chatted about the weather while she ripped hair from my body.  She was super nice and super professional.  I went to a well-established spa to have it done.  Brazilian Waxes are not a place to skimp. 

The bad:  oh the wax residue.  UGH.  I'm headed to the drug store now to buy some baby oil to help remove the residue.  That truly was the only bad.  Things that shouldn't be sticking together are sticking if you get my meaning. 

Life lesson:  I  think that the waxing session made me realize that people see me as "normal" now.  I'm not the fat person anymore. It's really hard to tell myself that, even though I try and try.  So success to me!  I faced one of my fears and survived.  Yay me!
Whaaat?  No pics?  I feel sad...dissapointed...and a *****eated!

JIMBO...  350lbs! lost!.....  TRIPLE CENTURY CLUB!!  HELL ...YEAH!  
MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

Jackie00
on 3/12/12 6:20 pm
Lol I bet, if you have chest hairs you could always try it out do you can relate to what we are going through or even get your private area done.
Sleeved 15-Sept-2011 HW 294 Pre op weight 285 SW 279 GW 145?
Pre op 6 lbs lost, M1 - 23 lbs M2 - 11 lbs M3 - 12 M4 - 6 M5 -10 M6 -10 M7 -7 M8 - 4 M9 - 4
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

The New Mrs
on 3/12/12 11:45 pm - Mooresville, NC
VSG on 02/09/12
Hah!  Jimbo!  No pics!!  NEVER! 
Julie
Lap Band Surgery 12/19/2009, revised to Sleeve 2/9/2012

Next goal:  183
RockinMama
on 3/13/12 12:33 am - Cordele, GA
VSG on 07/09/12
RockinMama
on 3/13/12 12:32 am - Cordele, GA
VSG on 07/09/12
I don't know about waxing my VaJJ, but I definitely landscape...lol  My sister shaves and it just doesn't look natural to me...  BUT, I am getting laser treatments for my underarm hair and I love it!  Though I haven't had my surgery yet, for some reason, I've gotten this attitude lately that I deserve to pamper myself.  I love it!  I must admit though, I was thinking about having it below, but only the edges.  Idk, maybe I should get a design lasered down there....whatcha think????
Most Active
Recent Topics