I did it! NSV for me! (Potentially some TMI)

The New Mrs
on 3/12/12 10:10 am - Mooresville, NC
VSG on 02/09/12
So for years and years and years, I have wanted to try to get a Brazilian Bikini Wax.  I don't know why it was important for me to do it, but I really wanted to and I always used my weight as the reason why  I didn't do it.  I didn't want to be "that girl" that everyone talked about after you left the salon...you know, "Why does that girl need a bikini wax? You know she isn't getting any because she's so fat. Why is she having her bikini waxed?" 

But enough about my own self-esteem issues.  I'm about 90 lbs down, with about 16 more to go to my goal and I decided it was time to do it.  Just do it.  So today I did it!

Here was my experience in a nutshell:

The good:  It didn't hurt as much as I thought it would.  Yeah, sure any time that they are pulling hair from the roots from your nether regions, it's going to hurt, but it wasn't as bad as I thought.  The person doing it was very clinical.  She does HUNDREDS of these things and you can tell.  We chit chatted about the weather while she ripped hair from my body.  She was super nice and super professional.  I went to a well-established spa to have it done.  Brazilian Waxes are not a place to skimp. 

The bad:  oh the wax residue.  UGH.  I'm headed to the drug store now to buy some baby oil to help remove the residue.  That truly was the only bad.  Things that shouldn't be sticking together are sticking if you get my meaning. 

Life lesson:  I  think that the waxing session made me realize that people see me as "normal" now.  I'm not the fat person anymore. It's really hard to tell myself that, even though I try and try.  So success to me!  I faced one of my fears and survived.  Yay me!
Julie
Lap Band Surgery 12/19/2009, revised to Sleeve 2/9/2012

Next goal:  183
hoping2lose
on 3/12/12 10:35 am
VSG on 03/06/12
congrats to you!!! that's awesome!!
loser2be
on 3/12/12 10:36 am - CA
VSG on 03/02/12
Congrats on your personal goal

Jill

CButton
on 3/12/12 10:41 am - CA
Love this post!! I too have always wanted one....as well as my boyfriend. I have the same issues as you.....I hope to get my Brazilian once I loose a little more weight!!
Jackie00
on 3/12/12 10:55 am
Hahaha funny you mention this, I just gave myself one last night, I used emla to try and numb the skin for an hour prior. Damn it is harder to pull it off of yourself I think when it is hurting but I managed.

Thank you for mentioning the baby oil, I was going to get some of the adhesive remover and rub that on me. I know exactly what you mean my skin is sticking together lol and not so nice to see the lose skin holding out in wax pieces.

Would I do this again, hmmm let me think about it lol. OUCH. When I woke this morning I realized I missed a piece OMG the numbing cream wasn't working no more and I had to get this off of me. I have babyoil here and definitely will try it later on. With the piece I missed last night, my underwear was stuck to it. OH MY it hurt but I did it.

I am heading away on vacation next week, this is why I tried this to prevent the razor burn effect and hoping it all stays away for 3 weeks but they said it might return after two weeks, oh well I will be bringing razors anyways. I have tried a few patches on my legs as well, it is no where near as bad. They just want too much for it at a salon so said I would try it myself and got some professional wax.

I did watch some videos of it on youtube lol they are funny and I dreaded the thoughts of this but the numbing cream helped a bit. Now, apparently they have underwear that you wear for an hour prior to having this done and it has the numbing solution in them, worth a shot if you can find them.
Sleeved 15-Sept-2011 HW 294 Pre op weight 285 SW 279 GW 145?
Pre op 6 lbs lost, M1 - 23 lbs M2 - 11 lbs M3 - 12 M4 - 6 M5 -10 M6 -10 M7 -7 M8 - 4 M9 - 4
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

Jackie00
on 3/12/12 10:58 am
Going to try the baby oil soon before I go to bed then shower in the morning. Hope it works.
Pre op 6 lbs lost, M1 - 23 lbs M2 - 11 lbs M3 - 12 M4 - 6 M5 -10 M6 -10 M7 -7 M8 - 4 M9 - 4
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

Jackie00
on 3/12/12 11:02 am
oops forgot to mention I am tanning as well so I made sure it was well covered up today lol think I will keep it covered for a couple more sessions, not like anyone is going to see that area anyways but I seen people get tanning sessions after eye brow waxing and it went all red and puffy.
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

MizzEvil
on 3/12/12 11:25 am - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 03/16/12
LoL! This is awesome!!!

I am self conscious, but since I work in the med world with several years in women's health- I sucked it up and started getting Brazilian waxes a few years back. I figure that I really didn't go home and talk about chicks bachina's, so if someone's a professional - they wouldn't talk about mine. And well, once you see so many, it doesn't matter as much.

I'll tell you - if you shave/wax... I suggest laser hair removal! I tell you, it's a fabulous investment. I jacked some emla cream from work and rub that on before I leave for my appointment - all set. For the poster who said something about it wearing off... I found that when I put it on too soon, or right before - it didn't work as well as if you give it about 30 mins. When I get there, I make sure that's the first area she goes for!
Jackie00
on 3/12/12 11:39 am
I put the emla cream on for 1 hr prior then washed it off and started, it didn't kill all of the pain but it probably would have been worse if I hadn't used it at all. I paid 50 bucks for this little tube of emla so not something I will be able to afford for too long for waxing.

I know when they told me to use it prior to a mole removal it was for 45 mins to 1 hr so I was looking for full effect I put it everywhere for the bikini wax area, not a full one but the bikini line area but still doing the waxing yourself it is hard to see and probably uneven but I don't care lol.

I love this topic by the way and look forward to many more replies tomorrow.
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

MizzEvil
on 3/12/12 2:29 pm - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 03/16/12
I probably had better results because I have tubes of it that I got from work... and I was able to use quite a bit. I put it on and rubbed it in. I did have some Lidocaine gel that I used as well, but I put that on and wiped it off. For laser hair removal, the worst part is near the inner part of the lips. HOLY HELL! I wanted to kick the lady in the face without the cream.
Most Active
Recent Topics