I am OVERWEIGHT!!! With Pics

Ulysses
on 3/10/12 6:04 am

That's right, at 240lbs and a BMI of 29.9 I officially out of the "stages of obese". Super obese gone. Morbidly obese - gone, and plain old obese; GONE! I always hated the word obese, it reminded me of some animal on the Discovery channel...
"Today we are hoping to film the allusive and rarely seen "Obestie" in its natural habitat. We have set up camera's at a Chinese Buffet, and an all you can eat American Buffet with a Chocolate waterfall. If were lucky we might even get footage of the reclusive and dangerous "Super Morbid Obestie". Some of these monsters can reach 600lbs or more, and are cable of short but terrifying bursts of speed up to 10 feet...Etc etc (in Steve Irwins voice) "Danger, Danger!"

I still have 20 pounds left before goal, but I should lose that before my 1 year surgiversery.
I still have complications - the leak, a gastric fistula, 2 drains and esophagal stents to help the leak and fistula. But, 220lbs seems like a decent trade. Hopefully I'll be over these complications soon and be cleared to lift weights and swim...I need some serious muscle tone back.

Here are some before and after (taken yesterday) pics. I am the worlds worst at taking self camera phone shots...But you will see the difference. Thanks OH friends!

Jason

Before:

After - 3/10/12 - Blinked in this shot.

I have a bigger forehead and my goatee turned grey...Maybe Biotin or a shave?

VSG Surgery on April 26th, 2011
"Get busy living…or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." ~ Red, The Shawshank Redemption   

Sweet_56
on 3/10/12 6:10 am - Saskatchewan, Canada
Congrats on your new lighter classification :)
I hope you are cleared and feeling amazing soon!

LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers 
My Video Log...  Follow as this Fat Canadian Shrinks!! 
www.youtube.com/user/TheShrinkingCanadian

loser2be
on 3/10/12 6:24 am - CA
VSG on 03/02/12
Wow u look awesome!

Jill

Jackie00
on 3/10/12 6:26 am
Wow you look great. So happy you are so much better now.
Sleeved 15-Sept-2011 HW 294 Pre op weight 285 SW 279 GW 145?
Pre op 6 lbs lost, M1 - 23 lbs M2 - 11 lbs M3 - 12 M4 - 6 M5 -10 M6 -10 M7 -7 M8 - 4 M9 - 4
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

Meme10
on 3/10/12 6:27 am - TX
Wow! You look great!
jimbovsg
on 3/10/12 6:34 am
DOOODE  Awesome job...congratulations !  I'm glad you made it past your "rough spot"....OK....lets face it  you had us all worried here...it was some seriously scary ****but you are here...and healing...and getting healthier every day!   Good luck to you Jason.....you are a TRUE success.....in so many ways!

JIMBO...  350lbs! lost!.....  TRIPLE CENTURY CLUB!!  HELL ...YEAH!  
MY  VSG......KICKS ASS!                                                                                                                                                                                      

I  am   6' 2"    

Ulysses
on 3/10/12 8:21 am

Thanks Jimbo!
I was very fortunate to have role models like you, Jenn, Frisco, Waffle and many others to learn from.
I mean holy crap! You lost 330 pounds!
I gotta tell you though...I HATE hospitals and procedures, blood draws, extra surgeries - the list goes on and on. My stomach looks like I was attacked by a squid with switchblades.
Take care bro
Jason
VSG Surgery on April 26th, 2011
"Get busy living…or get busy dying. That's goddamn right." ~ Red, The Shawshank Redemption   

Ms. Poker Face
on 3/10/12 6:41 am
Wow!!  Congrats on the Obese stage.  It's a cool feeling!  Wishing you continued speedy recovery!!!!!!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

Michelle H.
(Rainbomama)

on 3/10/12 7:02 am - LA
VSG on 02/27/12
Awesome cheek bones guy!! Great pics!
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Michelle from Louisiana

jaded123
on 3/10/12 7:43 am - MD
We had surgery around the same time, and I was so sorry to hear about all your problems afterwards.  But despite everything, your attitude is awesome and you look so slim!  Hoping for your medical clearance soon :)

HW: 310 /  Lost 15 on pre-op diet  /  SW: 295  /  CW: --- /  GW: 170-175

Most Active
Recent Topics